header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 211637 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
basically it's fried P&D shrimp piled up on a butter-toasted bun with coleslaw and cocktail sauce... they're purty dang tasty... 

i never thought i'd like something called fish taco's, but... i do.. especially blackened fish or shrimp... key is good slaw and black beans, and a splash of sour cream... a good pico also adds to the experience. 

my wife makes a great slaw- and she also makes some sort of pepper infused mayo- it's fantastic on beer battered fried chicken breast sandwiches, and it's even better on hickory-smoked pork loin sandwiches.  i did that a couple weeks ago, and... I'll be doing it again. 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »
About these shrimp burgers ... are they burgers with shrimp added, or are the basically shrimp sandwiches on hamburger buns?  Either way it sounds pretty yummy.

There’s a place here in my new digs, ie 51, er I mean, Maryland called simply Fish Tacos that’s a true Mexican outfit and features a lot of different shrimp taco and burrito plates.  It’s REALLY good.  But no burgers.
Why you gotta use the M word?

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2017, 10:34:55 AM »
I like to hear people say 'slaw.'   Sounds like a temporary placeholder word the early Brits just never got around to replacing.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »
It’s just in the spirit of RRS week primo.  But you know that ... I’m bracing myself for cyclone references, and in fact I can’t believe y’all haven’t yet exploited the tornado ripping up Norman image on the haiku thread yet.  Such a natural!

Of course the only tornado I’ve ever witnessed myself was in Paris Texas 1982.  That was a doozy - damn.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
shag in eastern carolina's and shag across the drink in the UK mean two very different things.   often the brits train here with us on one of the regional bases, and then on a weekend when they venture out, some prim and proper southern woman will ask the brit's to 'shag'- all coy like, but knowing damn well what they're doing.  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »
I like it with a little mustard, but I won't fault someone for using ketchup either.  
I will easily and readily fault someone for using ketchup on a corn dog.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
I will easily and readily fault someone for using ketchup on a corn dog.
Well, I believe it's already been well-established that I'm a lot nicer than you are. :)

I'll be at the Texas State Fair tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to trying one of the new award winners, deep-fried chicken noodle soup on a stick.

In fact, my friend Bald Greg doesn't even call it the State Fair, he calls it the Dallas Food On A Stick Festival.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
Well, I believe it's already been well-established that I'm a lot nicer than you are. :)
I'm not so bad.  Something about a keyboard can make me a bastage.
Whereas in real life, if I witnessed someone dipping a corn dog in ketchup, I would likely just insult his mother and move on.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
My gf has made sausage balls similar to what you're talking about, Drew.  Her son loves fish tacos, I think they're just okay. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
I've had those sausage balls too.  They're a staple for holiday parties, especially the kinds that have pot-luck appetizers/dishes.

I really like fish tacos, too. I like pretty much any kind of taco.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »
Sausage balls

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
When you look at sausage balls, the thing about sausage balls is size and time cooked.  I've known moms who roll them small and burn them crunchy all the way through.  I like the ones that are a tad larger and possess the wonderful light hint of bisquick flakiness amidst their sausage and cheese.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 02:11:22 PM »
somebody in the Dallas Ft Worth area maybe ought to deep fry some and sell them on a stick this weekend?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.