You Know What I Hate....?
header pic

College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!! The Best FREE College Football Forum on the Internet!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 25065 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #691 on: October 08, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »
I got my B&D electric mower in the mail from amazon.  Showed up on my porch missing two bolts, so I had to get those ordered, but was able to do that no problem, and it has worked fine ever since.  Have had it well over 15 years with no problems.  Cost $225, but that was the corded kind.  Pretty good deal though.  It's cost me about $15/year plus a nominal amount of electricity.

But now in our new house over here on the right coast we have twice the yard, and I think I'll have to consider a cordless one, once I get to the point of mowing again myself (i.e. retirement).  Just too much yard.  But full disclosure, I actually hire some guys to keep it all mowed and edged.  They do a great job.  I'm spoilt.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: October 08, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »
With a mower, I've learned to remove the nozzle unit, cuss at it and toss it back into the shed and then pour the gas directly from the jug into a funnel I put on top of the mower tank.

But last night my wife drove my car, when I got it it said 3 miles to E and the nearest gas station about 4 miles away so I attempted to wrestle the impossible nozzle into my car's filler hole.
with the correct funnel, you can fill your car the same way you fill the mower
funnels are cheap
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »
Santana is one of my all time favorites too, but it's not an either/or, ya know?  
I love me some Brazilian bossa nova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwo0Cn-MAGE
You have to admire Astrud Gilberto.
She wasn't a musician. She was married to one of the most influential guitarists and musicians at the time - practically inventing Bossa Nova. Her husband Joao and his writing partner Stan Getz were in the studio recording "Girl from Ipanema" and thinking how cool it would be if they could add an English verse. Neither spoke English, and sounded like idiots when trying to sing it. While they were puzzling through it, strumming the song, Astrud walks in and sings it perfectly. Boom! She's on the album.
The song took off up the charts. Astrud took off with Stan.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2018, 04:55:34 PM »
if she looks anything like the Girl from Ipanema, ya gotta admire Stan
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
Speaking of babes and good music, Ana Vidovic may entice you to either love classical guitar or to cheer for Croatia ... or both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inBKFMB-yPg&list=PLSAkx4wxdreNUd1zEb8Ymqzb6Fv32vPy9

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: October 10, 2018, 08:52:14 AM »
I'm down with Croatia.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: February 04, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »
Vision-obstructing landscaping on medians in the middle of roads I wish to turn left onto.  i hate it.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: February 04, 2019, 05:49:25 PM »
So you show up at this place where you’re gathering with strangers and you see an acquaintance and start making conversation.  Some inconsiderately friendly individual sees you, assumes you’re complete stangers who happen to be friendly and starts jumping into your conversation.

I hate that guy.  He’s the worst.

Mr Tulip

• Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: February 04, 2019, 05:55:02 PM »
There's two lanes at a cross road stop light. Both can go straight, one can turn left, one can turn right.

You don't wanna be the dork in the right hand land preventing everyone else from turning right on red, so you line up behind the guy in the right lane thinking you're being a good citizen. Then, when the light turns green, the guy in front of you rolls forward, stops, and turns on his left turn blinker. You're stuck waiting for oncoming traffic to clear before your new bestest buddy (and big toe) can turn left.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #700 on: February 04, 2019, 06:25:33 PM »
Unprotected left turns at traffic lights may be the most unfair thing in America.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: February 06, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
I like the flashing yellow left turn light

Mr Tulip

• Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: February 07, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
I like the flashing yellow left turn light
That's the fastest way on the road to confuse grandma!
To be fair, most other people think it means, "Slow down, stop randomly, and proceed in a haphazard fashion as the spirit moves you".

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: February 07, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
I understand most other folks have issues.  But, for myself, I know it means I can turn left as long as I don't cause an accident,  and I'm on my way!

up here traffic isn't a thing and many times grandma isn't in front of me at the light - it's wide open

Mr Tulip

• Red Shirt
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: February 07, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »
Yes. It's the traffic light's way of saying, "I'm not holding your hand through this. Be your own best judge of when it's safe!".
That's just a little more abstract thought than some folk can bear.

FearlessF

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: February 07, 2019, 06:17:53 PM »
some folks should not be allowed behind the wheel in traffic

and I absolutely hate that they are encouraged and allowed to drive

Amazon:
Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here!