header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 212361 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »

I guess that’s the question.  How long does a helmet school have to suck before they lose the helmet?
Probably a really long time. Like Gopher long time - 50 years?

The other question is, what does a newcomer have to do to get the helmet? It's probably a non-starter. The helmets are what there are because for anyone else to become one is beyond reach.

The game won't be around long enough, most likely, for anyone else to get in.

Which is either smart, or PoA. Just take off the damn helmets and let the kids play. If there was no helmet, they wouldn't be used as a weapon.

I got more solutions. I'm loaded with solutions. I'm an Engine Ear.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »
They're not putting in a 1-loss non-champ, either.  And they're not putting in two teams from the same conference unless they have zero other options.  You're doing all sorts of weird mental gymnastics to manufacture a slight to the B12.  It's silly and unnecessary.  If OU wins out, they're in.  It really is just that simple.
Now the B12 could certainly get left out if TCU wins out and beats OU, but they'd be a 2-loss conference champ.  And of course they're decidedly NON helmet.

well well well now Miami is ranked ahead of Clemson in the Playoff poll
Does this create any doubt in your mind utee?
The committee is positioning Miami to be in the playoff even if Clemson beats them
at least it looks like it
I will repeat my opinion
if the Clemson Miami is close and OU does not convincingly beat TCU OU might just be left out
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2017, 11:15:25 AM »
Tennessee mattered way back when the forward pass was implemented, and when helmets were folded and shoved in pockets, and they've mattered throughout the modern era... the 'spell' they're going through now is their only non-competitive era of consequence.  It makes rivals feel warm and fuzzy to dial them back to the heard, but that's all it is. 

Miami seems to be the darling this season, all while accomplishing nothing of real note- last week, if any of y'all care to watch that game, the zebras were a tremendous help in their remaining undefeated.  I don't have a dog in that fight, but i can tell you the ref's did everything they could to keep Miami in the game when they were under threat of going 21 down.  it's rare i'll make such an assertion and even more rare that i will decisively say that their injustice impacted the outcome of a game- but that is precisely what happened.  

my own reckoning says that OU deserves to play in the group of four, and because when they play well they play very very well- but.... they kinda screwed themselves.  if they're victims, they victimized themselves.  Clemson will most likely be in a dogfight with USCe, and they can lose that game.  Miami will lose to them there should be little doubt.. and that may be the opening (of likely/possible happenings possible) OU needs.  They'll also need help that Bama doesn't slip tomorrow which could open the door for a UGA return (IF they can beat auburn on the rematch).  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2017, 11:51:26 AM »
I don't often root for Pitt, but when I do, it's against the canes!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
that game is at Pitt, right?  hopefully the homecooking won't follow the 'canes north... I'm tellin' ya, those zebras MUGGED virginia last weekend... 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2017, 11:59:23 AM »
the sooners are in if they win out

same goes for the canes, Clemson, Badgers, Tide, Georgia, and probably Auburn

all others need help

sooners don't need help if they win out
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
at Pitt, starting now

I really don't like the Canes and don't want them in the playoff

Mark Richt is a good guy, don't have a problem with him

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2017, 12:05:55 PM »
if logic, reason, and accountability rule the day you're right... the only real concern OU should have is UGA, Wiscy and Clemson winning out, right? That leaves most likely two SEC teams in the group of four, and an argument for Clemson, or OU.  We'll kinda need Auburn to beat Bama to clear a path for those just outside to make the argument less of an argument between those on that committee.  

Auburn winning out- and that is a distinct possibility, will open the door for a lot more possibility.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »
if UGA beats Bammer, Bammer should be left out

not a P5 champ

but, ya never know... bammer has clout

really hope the committee would do the "right" thing and put OU in as a conference champ

Bammer could be #5 in the final poll by a hair

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »
well well well now Miami is ranked ahead of Clemson in the Playoff poll
Does this create any doubt in your mind utee?
The committee is positioning Miami to be in the playoff even if Clemson beats them
at least it looks like it
I will repeat my opinion
if the Clemson Miami is close and OU does not convincingly beat TCU OU might just be left out
Well never mind
OU is in if they win
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2017, 04:32:33 PM »
that loss makes me happy.... not because i don't like Miami (but I don't) and nothing against Richt (I like the guy) but everything about this 'Miami is back' BS that the talking heads are shoving down our throats... 

a 'superior' team doesn't lose to even a 'decent' team.  they (miami) wouldn't have beaten virginia without the assist from the ref's, and... they certainly couldn't be a 'superior' team and lose to Pitt.  

it makes me happy to see the best laid plans of the media fall to ashes... they were likely in attempt to drive interest in the acc championship game anyway. 

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
that loss makes me happy.... not because i don't like Miami (but I don't) and nothing against Richt (I like the guy) but everything about this 'Miami is back' BS that the talking heads are shoving down our throats...

a 'superior' team doesn't lose to even a 'decent' team.  they (miami) wouldn't have beaten virginia without the assist from the ref's, and... they certainly couldn't be a 'superior' team and lose to Pitt.  

it makes me happy to see the best laid plans of the media fall to ashes... they were likely in attempt to drive interest in the acc championship game anyway.
so how will you feel when Miami beats Clemson

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
if that were to happen, and wasn't in part because of zebra's, i'd genuinely be shocked... but i'm thinking USCe will take Clemson down a notch prior.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »
screw Miami and Clemson

the ACC is a basketball conference

that's how I feel

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.