header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: TX-OU. The Red River Shootout. The best rivalry game in all of football.

(Read 18763 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: TX-OU. The Red River Shootout. The best rivalry game in all of football.
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »
There were several blatant def pass interference non calls on the sooners

I dont mean a little grab or touching but plays where the sooner back absolutely

mugged our receiver

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
As a general rule I love seeing receivers get mugged.  Not enough defense is allowed nowadays.

What I hate is seeing OLinemen tackling defenders - especially in the HS games my son plays in.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
Oh, you mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM28K2wg8dY

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »
Texas Tech 17 - TCU 14???

When did Tech start playing defense?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »
Texas Tech 17 - TCU 14???

When did Tech start playing defense?
Just this season, apparently.  They looked pretty darn good, actually.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
just surprised me

haven't noticed a Big 12 conference game with a low score on both sides like that in a long time
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
Texas was the better team in the RRS game.  3 points better.  That's about all we can say for sure, with the rest being purely speculation driven by our own biases.

I was darned impressed by Texas.  Even though I had a feeling they would win the game and I think was the only one here(?) to go out on a limb and predict that, it was still impressive to see them do it. 

I was also heartened by OU's comeback after all looked lost.  I mean seriously folks, we were 21 points down in the 4th Q, and no amount of "Texas played it loose" can explain giving up 3 touchdowns like that, sorry.  I think we "woulda" had the mo had we gone to OT. 

But Texas answered after we'd tied it up that point, with enough of a drive to kick the winning FG and kudos to them for it.  They were the better team period, but when I see a Texas fan say that the Longhorns "dominated" the game etc, I just have to look back at the scoreboard, and say, umm, nope.  You won the game.  By 3.  That's it.  Just like we won the game last year by 5, and there was no talk from me at least about how we dominated Texas or how we were so clearly the better team and would "throttle them" if we played again - lol.  We just managed to get more points than they did, by a small margin.  That's all.  Throw out all the other if's and's or but's about it.

And now we have new defensive leadership thanks not just to Texas but really the past three games of lackluster performance, and a whole second half of the season to go, with only one conference loss, and already a good offense.  So, I'm still positive about the Sooners, and we are still in the hunt for a conference title and that's good.  We beat a tough Iowa St team up there and a Baylor team by a lot, and so we're 2-1 in the conference, which is really okay, and so onward and upward and forward, and all the rest.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
Hard fought game and we rightly have given each other a lot of grief this fall, twice over, as is only proper and befitting of the rivalry.

So, a virtual one for my Texas friends today.  Here’s to the RRS!

>

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
Congrats to CousinFred and all the Sooners. 

Now go out there and kick some Bama ass, and carry that B12 torch through the playoffs!   We sure could use another victory or TWO if the Schooner can keep it rolling, and I will proudly be cheering them on.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »
Congrats to Fred on the win.  Best of luck to all Porch friends in your bowl games.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
Now I wouldn’t want to see OU get a leg up by winning an NC but I’d be rather amused if the Sooners could beat Alabama.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.