(Read 10940 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Features y'all will want to know about
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
going to start this off, but add more as time allows:

first and foremost, in your 'profile' (atop screen to the right) you'll find 'forum profile',  and in that you'll find functions you can toggle on or off... they're fairly self explanatory, and they're handy (for the most part).

you can use BBC code (all those little commands surrounding the 'post' form are rendered in the form between brackets- that is bbc code)... you can do some magic with your signature with those tools and make it pop if you like.

PICTURES:
there are several ways to hang pictures... you can literally drag-n-drop into a post, you can use the BBC and paste a link to the picture (which will render 'as' a picture), or you can use the 'attach' function... all work.. the only one that won't allow a little shadow box pop up of a picture when you add it is the BBC way of doing it... picture sizes are limited in the forum, but not on the server.  you can load a sizable pic and it won't blow the screen up, but if you click on it a 'shadow box' window will open that gives full view of that pic- but only if you don't use the BBC manner of posting it.  

those little round green button with vertical arrows in them:
they are called 'upshrink' buttons... it will recall your last action with it.. so, if you are annoyed by a section (such as the 'skunk works' or 'information center') you can punch that little green button and it will hide that section from you until you hit it again... dimmed is shrunk, bright green is open.

'call-out' to a poster:
using the at '@' symbol tells the engine of this joint to do something- it will call out and send a notice to a poster you name directly after it... to assist, when you start typing the name it'll offer you options in a drop down box.. you gotta hit the space bar after you select (or type) the screen name of the poster you're calling out, and boom- a notice is sent to them.. it'll show up in your profile link atop and to the right of the screen and also in your notifications button (more on that in a bit).. you'll also get a little block appear that'll live for about ten seconds before fading out.

notifications/alerts:
when something happens in the forum that pertains to you, that little triangle above the forum statistics that spins ever so often will turn red and give you a number- that's the number of notifications, by the way.  If you click the red number, it will pop open a tiny window adjacent it that has the last five notices in it- a link to them- and a short blurb... you don't have to refresh the page to see the notifications reload- it does it by itself similar to how facebook does it.  it will also pop up a message on your desktop if you're outside of your browser, so long as you're logged into the forum.

youtube:
just copy the link and paste it in the post... that simple... you can use the BBC if you want, but it only parses the identifying code at the end of a youtube link... so... keep it simple... just paste the whole link and let the engine do the work.

any link to any webpage:
just paste it in the post box... MAKE SURE AND PUT A SPACE AFTER IT (space bar)... the engine will make it actively link to wherever it goes.

Profile adjustments- look and functions:
make sure and visit your Profile tab (atop  page on right) and adjust to what suits your flavor.  I tried to get as close to what most folks would want, but you is you and not 'most folks'... so, spin through both 'account settings' and 'forum profile' and set it up however you'd like.  ---- items such as 'email notifications', 'most recent on top of index', and 'stay in topic after posting' are options there... spend a minute with it making fine tuned adjustments and your experience here will be greatly enhanced.

thumbs up with a beer in hand ain't a bad thing, no?  it ought to be self evident what it does, why, and how- but if you haven't noticed, it's above this very post to the right, on the commands line.

Shoutbox
is for all practical purposes a chat.... like those that existed in the infancy of the interwebz... Ours is not exactly hidden, but it is reserved by request.  The Tennessee boys are the one's who requested it, so they kinda got priority... it's great for games, -posting pics, video's, and obviously thoughts... the good thing about it? it doesn't get trapped in a thread for all to see for years to come.  it's gone when we get around to clearing it.  

Facebook Embed Post in Post
So easy- under each facebook post is a time stamp- right click it and copy the post's link... then, simply paste it inside a post editor.. nothing fancy or hard about it... caveat: it has to be a public post, or the only people who'll be able to see it are whomever are allowed by facebook's restrictions.

Don't forget about the Publisher Page!!!
yeah, it's full of aggregated news right now, but it will have OUR stuff in addition to that soon!   it can be found @ http://www.cfb51.com/pub and used as you see fit.  If any of y'all feel like contributing, please do!  It gets a lot of attention from search machines, so who knows?  you may find your article on a major reel sometime!!!

And PLEASE don't forget about the Team Gear Shop.... It's how this is all paid for.
It's up and running- please share, and if you'd like- ask me about making some money for yourselves from the shop too!!!  it's located @ https://www.cfb51.com/shop/ ... share with your friends and family!!!

We're NOT done.  This place will be here for a long time, and we have plans, y'all, and they're BIG.
Once we gain some traction with revenue from the shop, we're going to put it into the publisher, and send y'all to games with press credentials!!!  How much friggin' fun is that gonna be?  This joint is going to be unique in the landscape of reporting on and talking about this game we love.  

FTBOBS Statistics...
Are imminent.  We chip a little every day on getting it ready for your use.  It's up and running, actually, it's just not public yet.  It will be, and when it is it'll be found at https://www.cfb-trivia.com ...  There will also be an App available in the iPhone and Droid App store, along with what we're calling the 'stats machine', which will be located @ https://www.cfbstatmachine.com ... it's coming, y'all, hold tight!!

you folks can add features i've not talked about as you see fit, or ask me to explain if you'd rather... either way, this joint is our own and we can do with it what we want- so...... ask in this section and i'll at the very least look into it... I'm trying to make this an informational sheet for folks to orient themselves to how this joint works.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:46:04 PM by Drew4UTk »

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Features y'all will want to know about
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
so now you can post a simple URL (full address) of a myriad of media sites and social media sites... and it will translate to a purty lil' capture of it.  

give it a shot and see!!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:45 PM »
here is a list of all the links/pages/articles you can simply paste into a post, and it'll do it's thing and render as it was on the source page... 

ABC News
Amazon Product
audioBoom
Audiomack
Bandcamp
BBC News
Blab
Break
CBS News Video
CNBC
CNN
CNNMoney
CollegeHumor
Coub
Dailymotion
Democracy Now!
dumpert
8tracks
ESPN
Facebook
Flickr
FORA.tv
Fox News
Funny or Die
Gamespot
Getty Images
Gfycat
Gifs.com
GitHub Gist (via custom iframe)
Global News
GoFundMe
Google Drive
Google+
Google Sheets
Healthguru
Hudl
Hulu
HumorTV
IGN
IMDb
Imgur
Indiegogo
Instagram
Internet Archive
İzlesene
JW Platform
Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ)
Kickstarter
Kiss Video
Libsyn
LiveCap
LiveLeak
Livestream
Mail.Ru
Medium
Metacafe
Mixcloud
MLB
MRCTV
MSNBC
National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Video
NBC News
NBC Sports
NHL Videos and Highlights
NPR
The New York Times Video
Oddshot
Pastebin
Pinterest
Plays.tv
Podbean
Prezi
Reddit threads and comments
Rutube
Scribd
SlideShare
SoundCloud
Sportsnet
Spotify
Steam store
Stitcher
Straw Poll
Streamable
Team Coco
TED Talks
The Atlantic Video
The Guardian
The Onion
TMZ
Trailer Addict
Tumblr
Twitch
Twitter
Ustream
VBOX7
Veoh
VEVO
Viagame
Video Detective
Videomega
vidme
Vimeo
Vine
VK
Vocaroo
Vox
Washington Post Video
WorldStarHipHop
The Wall Street Journal Online
XboxClips
Xbox DVR
Yahoo! Screen
Youku
YouTube

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
how come we arent on central time anymore
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »
daylight savings time... i manually selected the time instead of using time server.  i can adjust it if it's a problem?

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
daylight savings time... i manually selected the time instead of using time server.  i can adjust it if it's a problem?
no problem just wondering
its matches half the clocks in my house which are wrong for half a year
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.