header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ara parseghian passed away

(Read 5735 times)

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: ara parseghian passed away
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:43:02 PM »
A familiar voice from my childhood, first when he was with Keith Jackson (and they couldn't believe their eyes when Woody Hayes decked the Clemson kid) and then later on CBS with Jim Nantz, where I think he wasn't bad at all.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
I honestly had not even a clue he was still alive...

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
Evidently he beat Woody 3X and Bear also.Coached & played under Paul Brown & coached under Woody.RIP Coach
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
Evidently he beat Woody 3X and Bear also.Coached & played under Paul Brown & coached under Woody.RIP Coach
He did well against those guys, but McKay seemingly had his number.  That was his kryptonite.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:37:02 AM »
I watched that MSU game on television in 1966 with my dad. I wasn't a fan of either team. But we were Big 10 fans. It was supposed to be the game of the century, and it was.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »
Man, thinking about all the legends coaching then - Royal, Woody and Bo,  Parseghian, Bear, and other guys I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.