header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 CCG

(Read 18007 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
CH <> BC or T95.

CH = HH or (I forgot the earlier one)

yep I hope CH can forgive me for my oversight

I corrected it
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
Cow farts cause global warming, not internet posting. 

I just don't see how I'm expected to suddenly start rooting for a team in bowl season that I spend 364 other days of the year hating.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
Cow farts cause global warming, not internet posting.
Dammit I traded in the wife's Yukon for no reason.  But don't tell her cuz I want to keep the cows.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
I get your point MDT, but the more I think about it the conference affiliation is only one part of this, and probably not the main part.

You see, I have lots of Texas friends, and this board is just the tip of that iceberg.  I lived in Texas for 6 years and still stay in touch with several friends from that time (I was in my 20s after all), one of my degrees is actually from a UT school (UTD), plus several family members have various UT degrees, including some from Austin, etc.  So, while I'm not really what you might call cross-bred, still yet I have a lot of sympathy for my friends and family members who bleed burnt orange.

When I cheer for Texas in a bowl, I'm mostly cheering for my friends who are Texas fans.  I'm cheering for a few family members who live and die by the fate of the Horns.  Am I myself actually cheering for UT?  Probably not as I've been cheering for Oklahoma since I was knee high to a scissor-tailed flycatcher and they were always the arch foe.  

No, it's not for me, but I'm just happy for all my Texas friends and family when they're happy.  And Texas is in the same conference these days, and lord knows the Big 12 needs all the help it can get.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:49:04 PM by CousinFreddie »

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
I think we Aggie fans probably were guilty of "SEC SEC SEC!" nonsense when we first joined said conference.... But I think that's largely died down.  We've started to settle into the new conference of ours and at this point.... the focus has turned from "we're just happy to be here" to... "it's time to start winning".  I'd like to believe recent events would serve as evidence to support this.

All that is to say I'm not sure we are any more guilty of "success by association" than any other program in the conference at this point.  

And I agree wholeheartedly with MDT's comments.... It won't bother me in the least to see every other SEC team get destroyed in the bowls..... first and foremost bama.  I rolled my eyes when they got into the CFP... yet again.  But it is what it is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:36:33 PM by Shiner »

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
Being an Astros fan and the fact they are in the American League

I alway root for the AL in the All Star game and the World Series

(course this year they were the same for the World Series)
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
I determine who to root for based on how it affects the Sooners.  In general terms that means I normally root for other Big 12 teams.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
I determine who to root for based on how it affects the Sooners.  In general terms that means I normally root for other Big 12 teams.
Given that the Sooners are on top, yes.
It's easy to pull for the little dogs, they only make you look good when they grab a bone.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:53 PM »
I determine who to root for based on how it affects the Sooners.  In general terms that means I normally root for other Big 12 teams.
I used to try to do that for the same reasons.  If our opponents did well, our sos got better and helped us out.  In recent years I've come to realize it really doesn't matter.  If LSU takes care of business and wins the conference, then unless they're a 2001 scenario, they're going to be in the playoffs and will be plenty high profile enough to keep recruiting well.  It doesn't really matter if our schedule is awesome or if it's crap.  As things currently are in the cfb landscape, the SEC champ is in on hype alone, barring some strange 2001-esque scenario.  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »
I always root for the AL in the All Star game and the World Series
I root for the AL because I like the DH rule.  It enters another hitter into the line-up making the game more interesting.
Yes I used to be the other way because I thought it was natural and "pure" for the pitcher to bat... but to heck with that.  I like batting a DH, and I hate world series games in the NL stadiums.
Imagine baseball where the offense and defense were two different line-ups, like football.  That may be exciting.  But I wouldn't go that far.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
I always respect a pitcher that can swing the bat 

loved to see a pitcher come out of the dugout to PH in a tight game in the late innings

especially if they drove in a run or two
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
Don Drysdale was the best hitting pitcher I ever saw

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Don Drysdale was the best hitting pitcher I ever saw
Bob Gibson had a better lifetime BA and a better SLG, and he played two years longer than DD.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »
I’ve gradually adjusted to the DH, but I’d rather have the NL version.  They implemented the DH to draw in the casual fan who mainly likes hitting and doesn’t care as much about pitching and fielding.  You know the kind of fan who walks away from a tense 2-1 pitchers duel and says the game was boring because nothing happened.  Would rather see a home run derby, I guess.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.