header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 Coaching Carousel

(Read 28749 times)

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »
Pat Forde reporting that Brohm is STAYING
He’s one of the best and he’s got ties to L’Ville so he’d know for sure. 
Holy moly. Consider me shocked a little bit. The Cards must’ve really low balled him on money or maybe his staff budget. Should’ve been a slam dunk for them to snatch him if they really put forth the effort.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
That's huge for Purdue.  Brohm is from Lousiville and went to Louisville.  That he would turn them down would suggest to me he's in it for the long haul at Purdue.  Not that he would never leave, but he's clearly not looking to job hop.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:singing:

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2018, 06:48:03 PM »
That's huge for Purdue.  Brohm is from Lousiville and went to Louisville.  That he would turn them down would suggest to me he's in it for the long haul at Purdue.  Not that he would never leave, but he's clearly not looking to job hop.
Not only did he play there but so did his dad and his two brothers. 
He was a hot shot HS QB recruit in the 80s and he turned down Notre Dame and Florida State and a host of othe late 80s  powers to play at Louisville. 
If he’s turning that down with all his ties there- I’ve got to think he’s at Purdue for the long haul.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
BTW the B1G West getting mighty tough.  Purdue, Nebraska, and Minnesota seem destined to improve.  Wisconsin will probably be better.  Iowa is consistently Iowa and Northwestern is consistently Northwestern.  Even Illinois might turn into a legit team next year.

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Probably testing for a bigger contract. 

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
The Tech fans are very split about changing offensive styles.  I hope they do.  They of course claim their academics prevents them from being able to recruit football talent to any degree.

Stanford, Northwestern, and to some extent Duke ponder that questions as well.

Tech's problem has been location, right in the middle of some powerhouse programs with a far lower reputation for football.

WhiskeyM

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2018, 07:01:39 PM »
The timing just wasn't right.  Brohm only put in 2 years.  He has kids at Purdue, and committed to Purdue, that would never have been there otherwise.

Brohm has too much  integrity to just walk away from an incomplete job.  He has his first real recruits, a top 25 recruiting class, coming in.  Most of which surely would have gone sonewhere else if he left.  Purdue would have been back to square 1.

It wasn't really about money.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »
Probably testing for a bigger contract.
I don't think so. I think he gave them a courtesy interview and told them the timing was not right. Also in the back of his mind might have been the slime factory his alma mater has become.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
The Tech fans are very split about changing offensive styles.  I hope they do.  They of course claim their academics prevents them from being able to recruit football talent to any degree.

Stanford, Northwestern, and to some extent Duke ponder that questions as well.

Tech's problem has been location, right in the middle of some powerhouse programs with a far lower reputation for football.
Some reports that they want Clemson OC Tony Elliott

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »
If he’s turning that down with all his ties there- I’ve got to think he’s at Purdue for the long haul.
I still don't know about "long haul".
I see a couple ideas here:
  • He's young enough that he's probably not ready for his "ride off into retirement" job.
  • He's in a situation where he signed up to build something and his job isn't done.
  • Purdue is putting the resources behind him to do what he planned.
  • I'm not sure he believed Louisville had the resources or was willing to deploy them, or was willing to give him enough time to work through it all, to accomplish what he wanted there.
  • If he stays at Purdue another 3-5 years, he could take our program to great heights and then move up to a bigger job (whether helmet or NFL) if he chooses.
  • Then, when he's 60, he will probably always have the chance to go back to Louisville and ride off into retirement if he so chooses.

I don't remember when he said it (either just before or just after the IU game) that Louisville wasn't his "dream job". I doubt Purdue is his "dream job" either. But if he wants the springboard to whatever that dream job is, his road is easier to continue his build Purdue, as he has more of a foundation in place, and fewer off-field and institutional insecurity at Purdue than Louisville.

Either way, I'm pretty happy right now.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
Who is watching the Syracuse / OSU game?

Dakich is calling it. His commentating partner is roasting him about tweeting that Brohm was going to Louisville.

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2018, 07:39:23 PM »
I imagine Brohm drives down to Laville periodically and will do so in the future as well.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2018, 09:00:43 PM »
Yeah, well you (and the rest of us here) are not like them.

The BIG money guys donate so they can be attached to the program and be a "part" of the team. Nothing is going to stop them from this crap. They are coach/AD wannabe's that happen to have a ton of coin to drop on football programs (and in some cases, on kids and their families). It's a sick-ass world.
Might be their prerogative but it shouldn't be their priority.It's really too bad but you're spot on

BTW good for the Boilers/Fans Brohm's staying.Be a pain playing the babbling Dabo's every season and the Noles will rise from the ashes sooner or later.He's in a better place,now that all the hooey has been dealt can't wait to even the slate with the bastage
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:15:30 PM by MrNubbz »
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.