header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 Coaching Carousel

(Read 28592 times)

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »
Well maybe Canada will be the OC for the Trojans,be tempting if Maryland doesn't retain him.Be tough on the family moving again however.Was Drevno that bad?He was an o-line coach for a long time,he coached rb's in AA correct?
I think Kingsbury is being looked at for the USC OC position.
I wouldn't be surprised if Canada stays as OC for Maryland.
However, I think Meyer is trying to poach him at Ohio State.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »
The guy has to be batshit crazy to move that many times.Unless he rents during the season,sheesh,just think the allure of the Coliseum and the Trojan War Machine would get his attention.But as I understand it Klingsbury wouldn't be a bad hire either.Not sure Urbz would try to grab him as Day/Wilson aren't too bad.Previous O.C.'s however........
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
MDot says "NOW!!" dammit.
Mdot says no thanks lol. 
Loeffler isn’t the answer. He’s mediocre as they come. You don’t let go of Harbaugh for that.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
Apparently Louisville recruits/commits are saying they’ve been told by the AD that Jeff Brohm will be their next coach.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2018, 05:49:01 PM »
I think Kingsbury is being looked at for the USC OC position.
I wouldn't be surprised if Canada stays as OC for Maryland.
However, I think Meyer is trying to poach him at Ohio State.
Harbaugh needs to get off his friggin ass and fire Pep and offer $1.5 mil a year to Kingsburry and Canada and let the first one to say yes take the job.

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »
I don't even see a side bar at all, so no.

Tech will be a mess without Johnson, but they largely were anyway.  They had zero offensive scores against UGA until late in the game against the scout team.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/report-paul-johnson-retire/QcI2vsYcRSFmEZrJ6AdTWN/
Where this goes will be interesting. Everyone stares up and down that’s a sleeping giant, but man do I not see it. 
PJ leaves with the fourth-best winning percentage in program history, behind Heisman, Dodd and O’Leary. 

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
Harbaugh needs to get off his friggin ass and fire Pep and offer $1.5 mil a year to Kingsburry and Canada and let the first one to say yes take the job.
Kliff likely going NFL.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
Kliff likely going NFL.
Harbaugh still needs to stop being a shit head and fire Pep and go out and offer a top notch OC top dollar and full control.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
I don't think Canada would last until lunchtime on the first day with Harbaugh. The guy needs complete autonomy to function right, like Don Brown has with the defense. Harbaugh ain't giving anyone the keys to the offense. No chance.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »
tenn supposedly looking at hugh freeze as oc.

also, anyone care to explain the au/gus contract adjustment to me? nothing about it makes sense to me.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2018, 06:08:34 PM »
I don't think Canada would last until lunchtime on the first day with Harbaugh. The guy needs complete autonomy to function right, like Don Brown has with the defense. Harbaugh ain't giving anyone the keys to the offense. No chance.
Unfortunately I agree. And I think it’s why he won’t last at Michigan. He’ll be fired and back to the NFL in about 3 years I think. Once he’s 0-7 vs OSU bc he refuses to change they’ll run him out of town.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2018, 06:18:08 PM »
tenn supposedly looking at hugh freeze as oc.

also, anyone care to explain the au/gus contract adjustment to me? nothing about it makes sense to me.
Perhaps he took a pay cut to spend more on asst's - just guessin'.Not real sure on the rest of it but the HC should be able to run the gridiron end of it as he sees fit.As long as he stays with in the budget/rules/regulations.Or Gus should tell them to butt out or fire him.Unless he really likes the job.Haven't read up on it a lot though

According to Dawgs 247 -
To buy out Malzahn’s contract and make a change would cost approximately $32 million with some $15 million due in 30 days and the rest to be paid in four annual installments.

If that's accurate it doesn't appear they have that much leverage over Gus.Ponying up 15 mil in 2 weeks to walk.Sounds like the Admn's should be bitch slapping someone else,like each other.If I'm a donor well I wouldn't be anymore
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:27:05 PM by MrNubbz »
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »
Perhaps he took a pay cut to spend more on asst's - just guessin'.Not real sure on the rest of it but the HC should be able to run the gridiron end of it as he sees fit.As long as he stays with in the budget/rules/regulations.Or Gus should tell them to butt out or fire him.Unless he really likes the job.Haven't read up on it a lot though

According to Dawgs 247 -
To buy out Malzahn’s contract and make a change would cost approximately $32 million with some $15 million due in 30 days and the rest to be paid in four annual installments.

If that's accurate it doesn't appear they have that much leverage over Gus.Ponying up 15 mil in 2 weeks to walk.Sounds like the Admn's should be bitch slapping someone else.If I'm a donor well I wouldn't be anymore
Yeah, well you (and the rest of us here) are not like them

The BIG money guys donate so they can be attached to the program and be a "part" of the team. Nothing is going to stop them from this crap. They are coach/AD wannabe's that happen to have a ton of coin to drop on football programs (and in some cases, on kids and their families). It's a sick-ass world.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »
Pat Forde reporting that Brohm is STAYING

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.