header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2017 NFL Thread~

(Read 33987 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
~2017 NFL Thread~
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »
Cowboys chances take a big hit with with the league handing down a 6 game suspension to Zeke Elliott for domestic abuse

They have Giants, @Broncos, @Cardinals and Packers all in the first five weeks.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: ~2017 NFL Thread~
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »
And it seems like the Bills gave up on Sammy Watkins ever staying healthy.  Seems like they essentially gave him to LA.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
Cowboys chances take a big hit with with the league handing down a 6 game suspension to Zeke Elliott for domestic abuse

Good for Jerry
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »

Yup, gonna be a tough road for the Cowboys.

I don't know much about this case, but I loathe domestic violence/women abuse, so it's possible 6 games isn't even enough.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
Think Bills were smart to cut bait on Watkins for a second round pick.  They already declined his option so he's a free agent after this season anyway, and they aren't going to be any good for a bit.  A little surprised they got rid of Darby, though. 

Re: Zeke, who knows.  The problem with the NFL is it is tough to have any confidence in their investigations.  Is this the result of a thorough investigation? Or did they make their mind up and find facts to help them get there?  Did they just roll some dice?  Who knows.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »
Obvious first preseason game caveat and all but T.J. Watt looked really, really good last night.

CatsbyAZ

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »
The Jets so obviously wanting nothing to do with this upcoming season, releasing bunches of experienced players to tank the season for the sake of drafting high enough for on of the big name QBs - Darnold, Rosen, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson - and for the sake of good riddance to their coach

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
OT: 2017 NFL Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »
New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman tore his ACL in the pre-season against the Detroit Lions. Out for the season.

I think it's time for NFL teams to not even play the well established starters past the first game of the pre-season. It should be strictly for rookies/guys trying to make the team. Why risk it?

Can Brady ever go a single year without one of his major weapons not getting injured? Gronk was gone for 3/4ths of last year if you include the playoffs, now Edelman will be gone for this entire year. That's a HUGE blow.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: OT: 2017 NFL Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
Yeah, it was rough for Brady last year... His arms must be getting tired from lugging that extra ring around lol...

But I get your point... My fantasy league has our draft this Monday, so hopefully teams will be resting their starters on Thursday. One of our guys is in another league and drafted a week ago and picked up Spencer Ware, which now isn't looking very good for him.

Some people are making a thing about Le'veon Bell staying out of camp. But you know what? He's going to be a stud whether he spends any time in preseason or not. He knows the playbook. He knows his blocking responsibilities. He knows how to run the football. He won't benefit from these "tune-up games". And he didn't risk an ACL tear like Edelman or another knee injury like Ware.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:38 PM »
Yeah, it was rough for Brady last year... His arms must be getting tired from lugging that extra ring around lol...

But I get your point... My fantasy league has our draft this Monday, so hopefully teams will be resting their starters on Thursday. One of our guys is in another league and drafted a week ago and picked up Spencer Ware, which now isn't looking very good for him.

Some people are making a thing about Le'veon Bell staying out of camp. But you know what? He's going to be a stud whether he spends any time in preseason or not. He knows the playbook. He knows his blocking responsibilities. He knows how to run the football. He won't benefit from these "tune-up games". And he didn't risk an ACL tear like Edelman or another knee injury like Ware.
Lol. My point was just that seems like every year the guy loses a weapon. But just keeps on going. He can play with anybody and make them good. Pre-season is a joke. First two should just be 7on7's and they should cut it down to 2 exhibition games and they should barely play the veteran starters in the first game and the last one just play the rookies and fringe guys trying to make the team.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 06:24:25 PM »
Like the discussion about the Vontaze Burfict rule.  Honestly, the NFL should just outlaw hard hits, because the micromanaging is frustrating.  

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »
Was he at least trying to injure a guy not on his own team this time?

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
Pro Bowl CB Joe Haden cut by the Cleveland Browns. Wow. His performance has slipped, and he was always kind of overrated to begin with in my opinion, but that's still a bit of a shocker.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »
I think it's a money thing.  He's worth a roster spot, but he's not worth eating up $11 million of your cap space.

They asked him to take a pay cut, and he said no, but at this point who would want him at that rate, and even if you did, who has $11 million in cap space?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.