header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: R.I.P. nuwildcat

(Read 14608 times)

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: R.I.P. nuwildcat?
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »
Oh man. Heartbroken. Rip nu. 

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:24 AM »
Holy hell, that is awful. He seemed so active on the social media so recently. Just stunned. 

MichiFan87

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 01:11:16 AM »
I haven't been as active as I used to be for various reasons (nothing bad, mostly good), but that's besides the point - I'm only on LinkedIn, though I'm connected to a few of you, so if I don't post here frequently between April and August, don't be alarmed.

I don't see an obituary anywhere yet, but his name is Marcel Talangbayan.

Anyway, when I interned in Chicago during my college years back in summer of 2009 I met up with him several times. Since moving back to Chicago in summer 2016 I had been meaning to reconnect with him.

Point being, I'm very sorry to hear about this.... He seemed like a great guy who had to deal with more life adversity than he should have from what I can recall from meeting with him. If I'm not mistaken he lived somewhere around River North or Old Town (a quick google search says he lived in the 60611 zip code which confirms my recollection) so I wouldn't think he got caught in anything crime-related or similarly tragic. Hopefully it wasn't a drunken / high - related unexpected accident, either....

Regardless, life is unfortunately way too short for some people. I only turned 30 last year and I've already lost a few people that graduated from HS with, one of which I new fairly well.
“When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing”
― Bo Schembechler

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 03:07:25 AM »
Just returned from a Caribbean vacation to see this gut punch. I loved his curiosity about life. No idea on his name until now, or his musical talent, as I listen to him playing on his youtube page. We have no other active NU poster, either.

Come back! Don't leave, now ... we are just getting started!  . . .  He has[d] a unique writing style. I enjoyed reading his posts, and I hope this is a poorly manufactured hoax. Why must bad things happen to good young people? Shaking my head.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »
Well said 87 &  Hawk  :'( ya don't know what you've got till it's gone.Insightful,kind and graceful poster,let's keep that going in his memory
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

fezzador

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
I'm at a loss for words.  He was one cool Cat - always looked forward to reading his posts here.  This really breaks my heart hearing this.

For a guy of his age the first thing that popped in my head is that it might be a suicide - he didn't seem to have depression or the like; but then again I never really knew him outside of CFN/Area 51.

Whatever happened, he's certainly in a better place and at peace now.

Brutus Buckeye

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »

Apparently he was a music professor at Harold Washington College in Chicago. 

His students were very fond of him, it would appear. 

Dr. T is honestly such an amazing teacher! He is super cool and nice as well as helpful. If you don't understand something he is always willing to help you in class and out of class. His goofiness made the class so much fun! i would definitely advise others to take his class! 
1919, 20, 21, 28, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 42, 44
WWH: 1952, 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 65, 67, 68, 70, 72, 74, 75
1979, 81, 82, 84, 87, 94, 98
2001, 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

NickSmith4Three

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »
Heartbreaking and hard to believe
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:51:55 AM by NickSmith4Three »

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »
This is completely devastating, and I only wish I had the chance to meet Marcel in person. He was easily my favorite B10 poster who I have NOT yet met, although we have exchanged  mail several times as well as numerous conversations on FB.  We swapped music, he sent me some of his favorite mixes and after receiving so many amazing collections I had sent him a few disks in return a couple of years back.    I am so grateful to have probably 12 different CD's of music that he has sent me over the years, and those tunes have also been reshared with other friends of  mine.

We always used to chat about the latest TV shows, since he seems very plugged-in to similar shows as I was.  He had a great appreciation for not just music, but dance, singing, and general artistry of performance.  I would share videos with him that I thought he would enjoy, and he would also do the same for me.   Nobody else does this as frequently for me as he did, and I'm going to miss the random video swaps we would have on the regular.   I always watched his piano videos, as I am an amateur pianist myself, but his talent continues to inspire me to keep practicing on my own (even though I will NEVER be as eloquent as he was on the ivory keys).

My heart is heavy and I will continue to think about his family and friends who knew him much better, hoping they are able to grasp this tragedy and find some comfort in the memories and spirit he shared with the world.    RIP, nuwildcat.  You were one of a kind and the world is darker without you in it.  

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »
Wow....  so sudden and so young.   My prayers and thoughts are with his friends and family. 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
Very sad to hear this.  My condolences to his family and friends.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »
Damn. Sorry to hear. He typically was the most active poster in the books & the TV/movies threads, and from reading him it was clear we both shared a love of stand-up comedy. 

RIP, brother.

Geolion91

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
That's terrible.  He was one of my favorite posters.  I always knew the threads he started from the "OT-".

PSUinNC

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
Very sad to hear this.  Gotta say, his hotties thread was one of my favorites, dude had some good taste!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.