header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 Recruiting Thread

(Read 31000 times)

PSUinNC

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »
That's amazing

I'm pretty speechless.....not sure if to laught or be afraid.  But it was hella clever (ya, I said hella). 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
NU offered a scholarship Friday night to 2018 athlete Dallas Craddieth, a three-star safety and wide receiver from suburban St. Louis who has offers to Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Vanderbilt and Minnesota, among others.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound player from Hazelwood (Mo.) Central told 247 Sports on Friday night that NU wants him to take an official visit to the school during the season.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

Running backs coach Reggie Davis released a little bit of news on Thursday when he tweeted about a visitor that he was excited about for Northern Illinois game.

That visitor is LSU commit Chris Curry of Lehigh Central. The running back picked up a Nebraska offer over the spring and started hearing more and more from the Huskers at that time.

Curry committed to LSU in June, choosing the Tigers over a number of programs at that time, including Florida, Michigan, Oregon and others.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
Recruiting violation.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 01:49:13 PM »
Michigan won 10 football games last season by an average of 34.6 points per game, but it's the three losses that are still sticking with coach Jim Harbaugh and his players. Losing three of the last four games by an average of 1.6 points, Harbaugh is focused on improving his team and eliminating that sour taste from such close losses.

"I'm avoiding all fun stuff," Harbaugh said. "Concentrating on preparing ourselves for the season, avoiding all fun things. We lost three of four games last year, so two by one point and one by three points in overtime, so I didn't like that feeling and that's motivated us to pour more time into the football team and our jobs, and give more effort."

Michigan lost to Iowa 14-13, fell to Ohio State 30-27 in double overtime after quarterback J.T. Barrett dove forward to secure a fourth down by inches and lost to Florida State 33-32 in the Orange Bowl.

Those losses have stuck with Harbaugh, so fun has become secondary. That philosophy is a departure from what his tenure at Michigan has been so far, which has included climbing trees with recruits, riding go-karts with current defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon, taking a trip to Rome and throwing out the first pitch at baseball games, among other things.

Read more here:

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/142603/why-michigans-jim-harbaugh-is-giving-up-all-fun-stuff

Berry interesting, to say the least. It's going to be scary for others if the coach actually puts all of his effort into, well, coaching.

I think it's absolutely ludicrous to imply or say that he doesn't put all of his energy into coaching.

Let's focus on just the Iowa and OSU games. Both were road games. Both were lost by the absolute thinnest of margins. Michigan wins both those games if Speight doesn't get his shoulder cracked in half. Blame Harbaugh all you want for not having a viable back-up QB, that's fine- but he didn't exactly walk into a team with a lot of QB talent. Had to get Rudock and O'Korn to transfer in just to make the QB situation viable. And Iowa needed a last second FG to win by 1 point and Ohio State needed double OT, a really bad spot by the refs, and an absolutely amazing run by Curtis Samuel to win by 3.

The guy puts all of his energy into coaching. Sometimes the bounces go your way. Sometimes they don't. Michigan will be scary under Harbaugh when he has the roster fully built up in his image. Hoke left him with a bunch of dog-shit at QB, RB, and OL. Harbaugh already has the QB/RB ship pointing upwards- OL might take a little bit of time.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »

Don't shot the messenger. Everyone would be better of if you shoot the guy who said this:

"I'm avoiding all fun stuff," Harbaugh said. "Concentrating on preparing ourselves for the season, avoiding all fun things. We lost three of four games last year, so two by one point and one by three points in overtime, so I didn't like that feeling and that's motivated us to pour more time into the football team and our jobs, and give more effort."
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 12:19:39 PM »
Don't shot the messenger. Everyone would be better of if you shoot the guy who said this:

coach speak methinks.
during the season he is giving 100% to coach that team. suggesting anything less is just crazy talk. you can tell how well coached that team is just by the way they lose. aside from getting blown off the field by a loaded, veteran Ohio State team in 2015- his other 5 losses have been by the slimmest of margins. Compare that to Brady Hoke- who with the same cast of players- was losing to freaking Rutgers.
For Michigan the past two seasons- the biggest chink in the armor has been a lack of talent at QB, RB, and OL. Not because of some lack of coaching because he's spending his time holding camps and having fun. It's because his first "recruiting class" in 2015 was horrible and because the guy before him did an awful job at securing and developing talent at those positions. Harbaugh recruited Chris Evans and Karran Higdon- who both look solid going into 2017- and he also recruited Kareem Walker and O'Maury Samuels- and he's continued to develop Ty Isaac. One of those 5 will emerge as the featured back, he'll continue work his QB magic with Speight and that OL will grow leaps and bounds under the coaching and development of Tim Drevno and Greg Frey- might take a year or two, but they'll turn that OL ship around eventually.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
3/4* RB Ronnie Walker from VA picks Indiana over MSU and Virginia.

Big get for the Hoosiers.

Would think MSU is all in now on Detroit RB Elijah Collins, who holds Iowa and Wisconsin offers as well.  But it was pretty clear they wanted to take two in this class, and Walker seemed like the best bet for the other one.

4* RB Harold Joiner from Alabama (who has offers from the whole SEC, including Bama) said LSU and MSU are his two leaders.  But there's no way in hell I'm counting on a blue chipper from Alabama with Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc offers to come north.

Not even sure who else is on their radar.  Johnny Adams from Indianapolis visited a couple times, but even after crushing it on the camp circuit, never got an offer, and I think Iowa State was his only P5 one.  Wound up committing to Ball State.  That feels like it must be a grades issue for nobody else, MSU included, to take a flyer on him.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »
UW has its tailback for 2018, so no worries on Collins. Not sure what he's waiting for, unless he wants to be a Wolverine and is holding out hope.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

iahawk15

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
Iowa is also full at RB. I''ve read that Iowa offered him as LB, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »
have to be honest, Michigan's 2018 is suspect at this point in time from a "recruit rankings" point of view. I definitely "trust the coaches"- but it is not living up to those top 5ish 2016 and 2017 classes on paper.

2019 is off to a big start and looking like it will live up to those 2016/2017 classes as they are in on a lot of top prospects nationally, but the in-state recruiting seems a little bit odd right now. Michigan doesn't even seem to be recruiting the #1 player in the state, 5* OT Devontae Dobbs at this point in time and the #2 player, 4* ATH Julian Barnett seems like he wants nothing to do with Michigan and is all Notre Dame. They are HS teammates by the way. Just a little bit strange to me.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »
Dobbs seems like he pretty clearly wants to go out of state.

I think MSU has a shot with Barnett, but, as you said, it seems like Notre Dame is the heavy favorite there.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »
Dobbs seems like he pretty clearly wants to go out of state.

I think MSU has a shot with Barnett, but, as you said, it seems like Notre Dame is the heavy favorite there.
Well as long as Dobbs doesn't go to Ohio State and Barnett doesn't go to ND- I'm good. Lol.
MSU definitely has a shot with Barnett. They need to have a rebound season to land him though. As does Notre Dame. I think if both programs have similar seasons to 2016 he'll go somewhere else. ND and MSU both need big re-bound years. Back to back sub .500 seasons and recruiting definitely starts to really slip.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
Yeah, they need at least to be relevant.

It's crazy the talent coming out of Belleville all of the sudden

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.