header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Hurricane Harvey

(Read 12132 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Hurricane Harvey
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »

And now we've got a run on the gas stations due to a completely unnecessary panic started by social media and fueled by the idiot news media.  Good Lord.

Seriously, every single gas station within 20 miles of my house was completely, 100% out of gas last night.  I keep my car full and I'd filled up on Wednesday, but of course my i s c & a aggie wife was running on E like she often does, and was unable to get any gas at all.  Made it home on fumes I guess.  And had to take my car to work today.

People have lost their freaking minds.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
do we have a head count of those on this board that were/could have been affected?

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »
the only ones that I know of is uterin and me

have not heard anything from Erin
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »
Yup, 320 and Erin are the only ones in Houston or the gulf coast.  Erin is a facebook friend of mine and she's posted there, that they're high and dry and ok.

So we're all good.

We didn't get anything here in Austin other than a pretty heavy dose of rain, didn't really even flood the places that normally flood.  All's well, other than the stupid gas panic of course.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »
gas panic is what I get after I drink a lot of beer

anyway there was a little gas panic here but I think sanity has finally won out
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »
About 1/3 of the gas stations around me still have no gas.  Just crazy what those animal spirits can do to a population.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
The entire town of Brownwood was out of gas last Friday and Saturday.  Eventually, the citizenry ran out of miscellaneous vessels to pump gas into, and so we started to recover, albeit at $0.30 higher per gallon.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
Sorry I wasn't able to get back here during the past couple of weeks but obviously all is well as stated upthread with me.  We were very fortunate throughout this flood event and have been helping others that we know were affected as much as we can. It's going to take years for some areas of town to get back to "normal", and I'm sure the city itself is forever changed from this experience.  

Gas situation is leveling out, most of our stations have fuel now, even though prices are rising.  Some of the roads are still not cleared, which is causing even worse traffic congestion than usual, but a few of the main roads are opening back up here & there.    

I'm having to actually record tomorrow's game and watch later since I'm helping a family clean out their home that is just now accessible (still has military police stationed at the neighborhood entrance).  Not looking forward to being in a house that has been flooded for 2 weeks, but this family has been through the ringer with this storm and need all the help they can get to clear out the damage and salvage what they can.   That's just one family, but there are thousands more in the same boat, and I'm sure any assistance provided for relief is greatly appreciated, whether it's physical help, monetary help, or continued prayers for a quick recovery. 

All eyes are on Florida now, and I surely hope that area doesn't experience similar destruction.  It's terrible that this hurricane season is ramping up so fast and causing so much devastation, but the way my city reacted and is continuing to support each other during this thing has been inspiring to see.  I can only hope that type of reaction carries over to any other areas affected by all this chaos (including the wildfires in the western states). 

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
Im glad you came through Harvey ok Erin

I was beginning to worry

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.