header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 Changes

(Read 6093 times)

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Big 12 Changes
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
Been quite the offseason.  New coaches at Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, new centralized replay system, and, the biggie, a playoff game.  Kinda fitting we have a new forum as well.

I like the idea of the centralized replay after seeing it in other sports.  We'll see how it works.

New coaches look to be a positive.  I'm a bit leery of life with Stoops but I'm very excited to see what Riley can do.  I think he will be a better recruiter and I hope he is more tolerant of the media.

Speaking of recruiting, Tom Herman is tearing it up.  I expect the RRS will soon be back to its former glory.

The playoff game appears to be more risk than reward at this point.  I'll wait and see before before making up my mind.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
I think a playoff following a full roundrobin is downright silly.  But nobody's asking me, I suppose.

Yeah, new coaches at both Texas and OU.  Gonna be interesting.  The past few TX-OU games have been quite competitive if nothing else, so no reason to expect that to change.  I'd just prefer Texas be alongside OU at the top of the national discussion, as well.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »
Texas introduced alcohol sales in 2015 and announced this month that Corona would become an official sponsor.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »
Texas introduced alcohol sales in 2015 and announced this month that Corona would become an official sponsor.

It's nice being able to buy a beer in the stadium, even if it is $10.  They have plenty of good craft beer stations, so I won't be forced to drink Corona.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
good craft beer might be $15, but you rich Texans can afford it!  ;)
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 05:44:13 PM »
good craft beer might be $15, but you rich Texans can afford it!  ;)

You better believe it.  We ARE the Joneses.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 09:58:26 AM »
Yeah, new coaches at both Texas and OU.  Gonna be interesting.

Haven't watched a Bevo - Noodler contest in a few years.Certain to have a cooler next to the recliner filled with Oktoberfests this season
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
I have a great chance to finally attend the Sooner-Horn clash at the fair

Little Brother has a job at UT-Arlington

probably not this season, but soon

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »
I have a great chance to finally attend the Sooner-Horn clash at the fair

Little Brother has a job at UT-Arlington

probably not this season, but soon

Definitely let me know if/when you do.  We'll be up there most years, including this one.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »
I obviously won't be making as many trips to Round Rock

so you're off the hook there...............

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 01:09:15 AM »
I think a playoff following a full roundrobin is downright silly.  But nobody's asking me, I suppose.

I agree with both points above. It seems to me the team most likely to make the playoffs will be eliminated from NCAA playoff contention about 45% of the time with a conference championship.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.