header pic

Author

Topic: This place is OURS... what do we want to do with it?

(Read 5026 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
This place is OURS... what do we want to do with it?
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
So as you guys have likely noticed, the place is being overran by UTk fans!!! (welcome, y'all!!!)

CBSInteractive took down one of the boards over there without warning.  The remaining boards are similar to the way they were staged at Scout, but... I wager they are far from done.  I wager their plans are staged and will continue until the sites are completely merged- meaning, ONE board per team, and you can read the first ten or twelve posts of a thread before you have to pay to see the rest of them.  interesting business model, huh?

To double down before the flop on my wager, I bet the low hanging fruit was the political boards- and they're taking them down across 247 as I type this.  those boards have great impact on a forums vibe, and don't offer any income for the enterprise.. it's easy to see why they were taken out first.

I doubt we're done seeing the migration away from 247.  Other team boards are also impacted.  it's gonna be interesting to see who comes... if they come... what will happen...

WHY DID THEY WAIT UNTIL THE WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON, AND, HOW ABOUT SOME HEADS UP???

my intent- but I don't mind to share once again- though i own this place on paper, it is owned in spirit by the Community... [member=5]847badgerfan[/member] is the go-to, and anyone wearing a mod badge carries weight as well, but even then- the community is what drives us...

my thoughts, for what value they offer, is to keep the team boards a little while longer.  IF a team starts to populate, we can add boards to their team board (like i did for UTk)... if they don't, they'll still be there vacant if it's discovered... for teams like UTk who are moving in nicely, I am considering a subdomain... thoughts on that? thoughts on any of this?  anyone?   

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: This place is OURS... what do we want to do with it?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:06:27 AM »
What is a sub-domain exactly?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:12:11 AM »
a domain within a domian... it would be type in something like UTk.cfb51.com.... for all practical purposes it is a totally different domain, that can have its own appearance and function, but be a 'child' of the main domain (cfb51.com).   whoever is on a sub.domain has basically their own website.  it's a good way for folks like me to keep dogs and cats split. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:55 AM »
I say give 'em all a chance to integrate. What can it hurt to try?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »
honestly, [member=5]847badgerfan[/member] , they are a great group of posters that were terribly mistreated over there.  i think they'll be great here with the guys we've known... I'm watching it to see, and it's all on the table now and in the future as to what we do here.  I just shove the keys in the ignition and drive this thing- y'all tell me where to go.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.