header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: It’s still off-season - Fashion!

(Read 10508 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: It’s still off-season - Fashion!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »
Since I'm a person for economy of movement, particularly when it comes to arranging clothing, etc, I'd opt for the loafer.  No shoelace action. 

Actually the shoes I wear to work are lace-up black Eccos:

https://us.shop.ecco.com/holton-apron-toe-tie-621114.html?dwvar_621114_color=01001

But I often treat them like loafers, sliding them on and off without tying or untying the laces.  The good thing about Eccos is that the soles are really resilient, including dealing with the constant Portland rain and wet streets.  They last forever.  I should probably check into their loafers though ...

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »
All you non-shoelace people are my kinda people.  Y'all get it.  Life is too short to spend tying and untying shoes.

Unfortunately I can't handle much else besides sneakers (tennis shoes, whatever they're called) these days, and even that only with orthotics.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
Even if my shoe has shoelaces, I still just slip them on and off.  Except for my actual running shoes, those I lace up each time but you know, since I'm exercising, I'm okay with that.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »
I have terrible flat feet and a short achilles tendon so laces on my shoes has always been a good thing

I need some new golf shoes
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
I wish it was still off season, at least for the conversation.  There’s nothing wrong with rivalry smack talk, I suppose, but it’s just not as fascinating overall.

I mean where else can we talk about men’s fashion (thanks to JCG’s brilliance) with semi-straight faces and it actually be interesting?  Seriously this was a good thread.

Just thought I’d speak up for it one time before we plunge into full on moping, gloating and hating ...

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2018, 12:35:33 AM »
I recently saw the movie Uncle Drew and I was so impressed by Reggie Miller’s wardrobe as Lights that I’ve decided to upgrade my hats and shoes.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2018, 12:40:45 AM »
I wish it was still off season, at least for the conversation.  There’s nothing wrong with rivalry smack talk, I suppose, but it’s just not as fascinating overall.

I mean where else can we talk about men’s fashion (thanks to JCG’s brilliance) with semi-straight faces and it actually be interesting?  Seriously this was a good thread.

Just thought I’d speak up for it one time before we plunge into full on moping, gloating and hating ...
I figured we needed to prime the pump after the long offseason.
I must admit I’m impressed by your shoes.
So the other night I was at a high school football game and I saw a young high school aged brother wearing Addidas slides with white crew socks.
A damn fine look and he looked so comfortable too.
Now that I have tge validation of a 16 year old I think it’s time.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »

So the other night I was at a high school football game and I saw a young high school aged brother wearing Addidas slides with white crew socks.
A damn fine look and he looked so comfortable too.
Now that I have tge validation of a 16 year old I think it’s time.
Glad to hear it!  I may follow if I can get the right look.  I wonder - do they make socks without toes like those gloves without fingers?  That might be a good halfway approach - keep the sweat off the bottom of the foot but leave the toes free to move about the cabin.  Hmmm.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2018, 10:24:39 AM »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2018, 12:44:52 PM »
Oh man, that's one mighty sobering photo.  Thanks FF.  You cured me of that silly thought ...

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.