header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 CCG

(Read 18035 times)

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »
... in the year it can hurt but probably not help the B12 winner get to the playoffs.

But regardless we’ve got it and it’s a good matchup ... hard to beat a good team like TCU twice.  Usually games between these two teams are close and the Froggies occasionally pull the upset:

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/opponents/details.cfm?oppid=68#.WhwLH2JOmEc

Patterson is a truly great coach with huge success from such a relatively small university.  What will he and his coaches conjure up to jam a stick in the spokes of the highest yardage offense in OU’s long and storied history?  

Will the Frogs pull out some of their own offensive tricks to exploit the sometimes porous OU defense?

Who knows what nefarious schemes lurk in the minds of Horned Frog Nation?
I tell ya what I'm reasonably confident about, Fred.  Mike Stoops will thoroughly prepare for a game-plan that TCU has no intention of throwing out there.
Play Like a Champion Today

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »
I tell ya what I'm reasonably confident about, Fred.  Mike Stoops will thoroughly prepare for a game-plan that TCU has no intention of throwing out there.
:sign0151:  
Agreed.  He's probably still working on WVU's wildcat plays.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
Yeah fortunately OU has had the offense to outscore all but one of its opponents so far.  I think we were up on TCU by 38-14 (which btw was almost as bad as the OU-USC Orange Bowl half time score over a decade ago, but in reverse) earlier this month.  Hopefully Patterson and co haven’t figured out to stop that yet.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
Any chance TCU takes a dive for this game?  Doesn't it cost the conference money or something?

And I'm wondering about the dynamics from each side.  Does OU come out tense and under the gun, knowing that they have to win this?  Or do they come out super-pumped because next stop is the playoff.

Does TCU come out all loose with nothing to lose?  Or dispassionate because they have nothing to gain?  (except the win)

My prediction is 38-14 OU, and I'll likely be putting up the Christmas tree before halftime.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
I like BroCo's prediction but OU has held only UTEP, Tulane, and Kansas to 14 or under.  Shoot, even texsa scored 24 on them.  I'll say OU 42 TCU 31.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
I like BroCo's prediction but OU has held only UTEP, Tulane, and Kansas to 14 or under.  Shoot, even texsa scored 24 on them.
Kenny Hill is just not as convincing to me lately.  If he catches fire, OU will have its hands full.  But he's been pretty quiet the past several games.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
I'm taking the Sooners and giving the measly 7 points
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
NewsOK had some interesting stats regarding rematches.  There have been 57 CCG/Bowl game rematches with the results split evenly 28-28-1.  It's going to be interesting to see how Stanford-USC, OU-TCU and Auburn-UGA play out.

To date the Sooners have played in 4 rematches, winning them all.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
I still think the XII had every intent to add 2 more schools when they voted in the CCG.

They should have just gone ahead and added BYU and Colorado St.  Texas bungled it up by insisting on Houston, and the LGBXYZ decided to get sideways with BYU so it was all shot out of the saddle.  Plus I think some suspected that Nebbie might place a return call.

Once we were reduced to considering Cincinnati and Houston, then pffftt.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »
I still think the XII had every intent to add 2 more schools when they voted in the CCG.

They should have just gone ahead and added BYU and Colorado St.  Texas bungled it up by insisting on Houston, and the LGBXYZ decided to get sideways with BYU so it was all shot out of the saddle.  Plus I think some suspected that Nebbie might place a return call.

Once we were reduced to considering Cincinnati and Houston, then pffftt.

I still think the networks played a roll in our failure to add teams
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
I still think the networks played a roll in our failure to add teams
I'm glad they did, given that we were down to Cincy and Houston.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »
TCU always plays OU tough, long before they were in the same conf together.  I have a healthy respect for the Frogs and for Patterson.

I’m just hoping we come out the other end with more points.  OU 28 Frogs 27 (or OU 14 Frogs 13 or whatever) would be fine with me.

Boomer!

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
TCU always plays OU tough, long before they were in the same conf together.  I have a healthy respect for the Frogs and for Patterson.

I’m just hoping we come out the other end with more points.  OU 28 Frogs 27 (or OU 14 Frogs 13 or whatever) would be fine with me.

Boomer!
38-20 (and it wasn't that close) says your assertion is false.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
I think it's going to be a chippy game.

Patterson has been yapping all week about this that or the other thing that OU has done that ticked him off.  I'm sure he hasn't told his players that personal fouls are OK as long as they take Mayfield out of the game, but I imagine that they've gotten that message nevertheless.
Play Like a Champion Today

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.