header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: A Bollman For Your Thoughts? SOC 11/10/18

(Read 17576 times)

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
A Bollman For Your Thoughts? SOC 11/10/18
« on: November 10, 2018, 07:23:48 AM »
Woke up to it being COLD.  The dog's water was frozen, the faucet was frozen, and the space heater was chugging along.  The dogs themselves seem completely impervious to any change in temperature and zoomed around like mad as always.  Maybe they will calm down.

Fellas, it's a great day for some chili.  May have to hit up the store to find the odds and ends to put in said chili.  We'll see if the beans are marked down.

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: A Bollman For Your Thoughts? SOC 11/10/18
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 07:30:29 AM »
Schedule
Noon
OSU at MSU, FOX
Wisconsin at PSU, ABC
Illinois at Nebraska, BTN
Maryland at Indiana, BTN
3:30
Michigan at Rutgers, BTN
Northwestern at Iowa, FOX
Purdue at Minnesota, ESPN2

Others
TCU at WVU, Noon, FS1
Miss. St. at Alabama, 3:30, CBS
Oklahoma St. at Oklahoma,3:30, ABC
Washington St. at Colorado, 3:30, ESPN
Auburn at Georgia, 7, ESPN
FSU at ND, 7:30, NBC
Clemson at BC, 8, ABC

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:39:48 AM »
Lots of everything on the line today.
OSU, Michigan, still in playoff mix and East division mix.  OSU must win to still have chance at both.
Maryland is 5-4 and plays Hoosier today.  But they finish with OSU and PSU, so a win today is their best shot for a bowl.
Indiana is 4-5 but finish with Michigan and Purdue.  They need two wins and today is their best shot.
Northwestern is in the driver's seat for the West.  Iowa must win today to have a shot. Wisconsin and Purdue also have a chance and needs wins.
Illinois and Minnesota are both 4-5. Minny has Purdue, Northwestern, Wiscy.  Illinois has Nebraska, Iowa, NW.

Plus all those game I listed outside the conference can impact the playoffs.

Heck of a fun day for it to be cold outside and all warm and footbally inside.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:38:14 AM »
A whopping 14 degrees here in Omaha this morning.  Heading to Lincoln shortly.  Glad we have seats in the club level.  I can tell the ladies in our group will head for cover inside.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
Man, it's cold here, almost down to freezing.  Bright blue skies though.  Friends down from Cincy visiting, he's a Big Buckeye fan.

We'll be walking around trying not to die of exposure.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »
Going to reach 78 here today, but today is the rescheduled trip up to the apple orchards at 4000 ft, so at least we'll get a little taste of the cold. By which I mean "under 60" lol

GopherRock

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »
It's a balmy 10 degrees here in the Twin Cities. Pulling the pork shoulder we put in the slow cooker last night, then going to throw some buckets.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 09:31:29 AM »
14 degrees in NW Iowa with white stuff on the ground

funeral today - will be chilly at the grave site

recording the game - will watch later with my brother, he's up from Texas

better check to see what I have for food this evening
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »
76 here in the Canary Islands. Not sure if the internet is strong enough to stream games, but we shall see.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
Going to reach 78 here today, but today is the rescheduled trip up to the apple orchards at 4000 ft, so at least we'll get a little taste of the cold. By which I mean "under 60" lol

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:33 AM »
In grand rapids Michigan today visiting my parents. 28° and very Highwinds plus lots of snow on the ground. As I said back in September a team that can pass but can’t run is not going to do well in November
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »
Chili is on, hope it cooks well into the OSU game.  Today's chili is brought to you by Aldi's, specifically aldi's country beef ribs.  I'm pretty sure they ain't ribs, but not entirely sure what they are.  I threw some sausage in the pot, too, because I cooked it for the girl's this morning and had a few links left over.  Other ingredients - tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, onions, jalapenos, chili powder, and cumin.  Sadly no beans, but hopefully the tomatoes will piss off the chili purists.

Also god damn figured out I had a small cut on my finger while dicing up the jalapenos.  Youch.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »
Chili is on, hope it cooks well into the OSU game.  Today's chili is brought to you by Aldi's, specifically aldi's country beef ribs.  I'm pretty sure they ain't ribs, but not entirely sure what they are.  I threw some sausage in the pot, too, because I cooked it for the girl's this morning and had a few links left over.  Other ingredients - tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, onions, jalapenos, chili powder, and cumin.  Sadly no beans, but hopefully the tomatoes will piss off the chili purists.

Also god damn figured out I had a small cut on my finger while dicing up the jalapenos.  Youch.
Serves ya right for putting all that nonsense in your "chili", and for even considering beans. Next time you'll know better.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

CatsbyAZ

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
Awake 3 hours ago, still another hour before kickoffs. Counting the days until I move back West and can roll out of bed to Big Ten and SEC games already on.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.