header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Amazon

(Read 13317 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Amazon
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:14 AM »
We are not very far away from that reality. The plan is coming together.
as it turns out, you can buy property cheap here right now!!! well, property in certain zones... the "high and dry" zones are in demand.  
a matter of fact, two houses that are adjacent my property, one being on the market for several months, and the other just completed both went under contract within literal hours of the insurance moratorium being lifted--- meanwhile, sound front property is likely to be the lowest this decade or maybe century... 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
anything on the golf course?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »
as it turns out, you can buy property cheap here right now!!! well, property in certain zones... the "high and dry" zones are in demand.  
a matter of fact, two houses that are adjacent my property, one being on the market for several months, and the other just completed both went under contract within literal hours of the insurance moratorium being lifted--- meanwhile, sound front property is likely to be the lowest this decade or maybe century...
You've missed all my posts about not building in harm's way? The ones where I rail on the Government bailing out people who knowingly build in the path of Mother Nature's wrath? Grrr...
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »
well, if you're talking about the path of Hurricanes............ that leaves more than a few square miles along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
Right, but you don't build in an area that is subject to storm surge. I've done my homework. I won't need flood insurance, that's for damn sure.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 11:33:02 AM »
as much as folks will protest about this comment, hurricane's generally aren't that big a deal... one in likely 20 is... and the 'big deal' is firmly in two categories imHo, one being: people knowingly building in harms way and then crying when the inevitable happens, and two: people making a bigger deal out of something for either political or monetary gain..... there are the few in between that have legitimate complaints that both the 'wings' rely on for their existence, and those are generally due to relaxed or ignored building codes (when they 'thought' they were getting something they didn't) or not being informed about risks due to location (which is a cry to ignorance, and hardly forgivable if someone is dropping a big chunk of change on property and not performing due diligence).... 

i can see the inter-coastal waterway from my driveway- it is about 1/4 mile away... yet my house is 26' above sea level, which doesn't sound like much but because the sound is tidal, the tides remove backed up water twice a day- and because of that, my property has never in recorded history flooded... this mitigates risk of rising water... falling water and wind is a concern, and why i carry wind and hail at a pretty significant expense... 'messes' are just that, and most hurricanes are no worse than severe thunderstorms... of course this last one was- as it literally sat on my area for more than 72 hours of battery on the NE quad, and spawned at least three tornado's in my 'hood (possibly four).  one of those? that could happen anywhere.   

all this said... and this is either humorous or alarming- 

there is significant construction in my 'hood... last spring i built a workshop/garage (the one with the bar/cookpit on back of it i posted pics of) and while clearing/grading, i was amazed by the amount of seashells present just under the surface... and then, of greater interest, behind me and a little further from the sound another house was just built... while grading for it a whale's jaw bone was found first, and then a good part of the rest of it.... most would think COOL!!!, but me?  I'm thinking "this friggin' place was underwater not that damn long ago........"

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
Drew,

Great work on the mobile version.  First time I've used it.

Other mobile tries with message boards were brutal.

One small issue, unable to scroll far enough right to read personal messages

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:58:20 PM by FearlessF »

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
Oh ive got a list of fixes, sir, as ive been boumd to mobile most often since the storm here... Interwebz/cable is still out... And I'll get all over them as soon as I have that back.. I dont dare do anything with hotspot on the site, as it blinks and I could easily screw some stuff up!!! But youre Right... There are some issues.  Not as many as I first had, but some still glaring. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2018, 06:19:59 PM »
Hey drew-- thanks again for putting us up at your place.  You're alright for an SECSECSEC sort of fellow.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »
Ahem. It's my "place" too and also ELA. We welcome more investors to the club. :)
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 10:39:19 AM »
If any of Y'all have a Discover Card you are earning 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com through December 31, 2018, on up to $1,500 in purchases.

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »
just dropped $50 from clicking on the link.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
If any of Y'all have a Discover Card you are earning 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com through December 31, 2018, on up to $1,500 in purchases.
While they fight in court for the ability to decline rewards cards.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
yup, Discover Deals is done

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.