header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Boomer Sooner

(Read 27895 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Boomer Sooner
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:25 AM »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2017, 11:06:34 AM »
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
Speaking of cover tunes earlier, Waylon did a fantastic remake of Can't You See (What That Woman Is Doing To Me)
I think Waylon's version went way higher up the charts than the original.  (Marshall Tucker Band)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
I don't know much about the Boren situation.  If any of our resident Sooners have some info on what that's all about, I'm all ears. 

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
All I know is the publicly available information.  He is retiring at the end of the school year in June 2018.
He, Joe Castiglione, and Bob Stoops were very close.  Bob Stoops had a clause in his contract that he could take another job penalty free if Boren left.  Makes me wonder if Bob's retirement had an affect on Boren's desire to stay.
Boren is 76 years old so retirement sounds like a good idea to me.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »
as the years go by this song becomes more and more meaningful to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMiEFyTuuh8
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
320 you're in yesterday's thread.  We're chatting in the nebby thread today.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2017, 06:43:30 PM »
320 you're in yesterday's thread.  We're chatting in the nebby thread today.
I guess I didnt get the memo
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
I reckon the game against Baylor worked out pretty well.  BU looked better than predicted, and could have easily won that thing, and OU looked worse than predicted, but kept their heads, and eventually still came out on top.  And it was a road game, so that makes it more excusable regarding the playoff folks when they look back on this Sept game against a fairly weak (at least it appears but who knows) conference foe.

So, now the coaches and players have a week to assess what went wrong, and what could be tweaked, and then a game against ISU at home before hitting the real white water in the schedule, starting with Texas.

Of course, as any Pokes fan would be the first to tell us, no one should over look Iowa State.  Provided OU can get ahead of them early and stay there, though, it will be a good chance to get things tuned up before heading into the depths of hell, south of the Red.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »
Speaking of cover tunes earlier, Waylon did a fantastic remake of Can't You See (What That Woman Is Doing To Me)
I think Waylon's version went way higher up the charts than the original.  (Marshall Tucker Band)
DJ's mostly play the Marshall Tucker Band version up here in the great white north
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »
Marshall Tucker Band - good stuff.  I saw them in Tulsa back in the mid 1970s, one of my earliest concerts.  Classic.  It's fine for WJ to do a copy-cat version, but nothing beats the original.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
Great Sooner comeback today up in the Little Apple.  Big day by soph RB Rodney Anderson.  

Way to go OU!

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 12:00:18 AM »
Way to go Sooners!  That’s 5-0 sweep this year over Texas teams.  

Funny how OU had it easier over highly ranked TCU than they did vs Texas.  Guess that’s just the rivalry factor.  

But seriously that’s a pretty good Horned Frog outfit and OU really rolled through them.

On to Kansas!  Let’s not have upsets guys.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »
Frothy.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
Iowa State.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.