header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: #17 Michigan (2-1, 5-1) at Indiana (0-3, 3-3) Post Game

(Read 5631 times)

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: #17 Michigan (1-1, 4-1) at Indiana (0-2, 3-2) Game Week
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
awesome break down of the offense vs. MSU by MgoBlog. Love how they break things down play by play. Basically: Michigan's run game is struggling because the backs have bad vision and the coaching staff insists on running an inside zone blocking scheme and the OL just cannot do it for whatever reason. They are much more effective in a gap blocking scheme team running the power and iso. 11 rushes with the zone blocking scheme netted a whopping 25 yards. 14 with the gap block scheme netted 68. 2.27 YPC vs. 4.8+ YPC. Yeah...maybe they should ditch that zone block scheme....just a thought. RB's other than Higdon are missing free yards with bad vision- particularly Evans. Evans isn't living up to the pre-season hype. Grant Perry is the only reliable WR. DPJ made rookie mistakes with his route running- took himself out of plays.

McDoom and Crawford are both getting open but struggling at catching the ball. O'Korn is just bad. The pass protection was better than it looked- O'Korn ran panicked himself into sacks and pressures. Nolan Ulizio is just really bad at all forms of blocking, period. His replacement at RT Juwann Bushell Beatty can run block surprisingly well- but he's pretty much just as horrible in pass pro as Ulizio. TE Sean McKeon can't really block at all. Kinda makes sense he's barely 240 pounds. Tyrone Wheatley is just crushing dudes and destroying people on blocks when he's in the game- makes sense- he's 6'6, 275 minimum. Wheatley needs more playing time. Immediately. Mike Onwenu is destroying people in the run game. Makes sense. He's 6'3, 360 minimum.

Just bad offense- bad coaching- bad play-calling, bad execution- just all-around BAD.

MGoBlog. http://mgoblog.com/content/upon-further-review-2017-offense-vs-michigan-state#more

PortlandSpartan

• Recruit
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 06:48:03 PM »
Not going to read it, so I'll just assume ol Brian gives zero credit to MSU and UM just shot themselves in the foot all game long.  Yet another victory by birthright that UM gave away.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
His post MSU game posts are usually so full of hot takes though

http://mgoblog.com/content/spartans-your-profession-loser

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: #17 Michigan (2-1, 5-1) at Indiana (0-3, 3-3) Post Game
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »
Total. Shit. Show. 

Have to basically roll with O'Korn now against Penn State since Peters hasn't been repped against live bullets. They are going to get destroyed by Penn State. It won't be pretty. 

SuperMario

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »
Total. Shit. Show.

Have to basically roll with O'Korn now against Penn State since Peters hasn't been repped against live bullets. They are going to get destroyed by Penn State. It won't be pretty.
Completely agree. The offense is very painful to watch. Peters should have seen reps today. Penn State is going to roll. They are a talented team.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
Completely agree. The offense is very painful to watch. Peters should have seen reps today. Penn State is going to roll. They are a talented team.
Yeah, I have a hard time faulting them for starting O'Korn against MSU. He played pretty well against Purdue on the road in relief for Speight. You thought maybe with a bye week that'd give him 2 weeks of 1st team reps and see how he does against MSU. That's not a game you typically want to start a freshman. And then the weather was so awful in the 2nd half- not sure it'd have been a good idea to throw Peters to the wolves there. But perfect weather against Indiana- would have been the perfect opportunity to give Peters a little bit of a shot. 
Michigan's defense is really good. But they are on the field all game. And the offense has turned it over so much and set teams up with either points or short fields to get points. If that offense could just score points and string drives together and not turn it over that defense would just be that much better. 
Have a really hard time seeing the offense doing anything in Happy Valley. I predict that Penn State will score at least 1 defensive touchdown off an O'Korn turnover and that they will also get a return touchdown. Michigan's defense gives up a TD or two. I'll say 31-3. Penn State will get 14 from the D/ST's, get 3 off a short field off a Michigan turnover, and they'll score 14 on offense. I'm being generous giving Michigan 3 points. But Nordin has a huge leg so he'll probably hit like a 59 yarder for Michigan's only points. There Will Be Blood.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »
Michigan’s passing game is lacking but no sacks, fumbles, or interceptions is a step in the right direction.  JBB is an upgrade at RT.

If Peters or anyone else was ready and better they would be out there.  Truth is O’Korn is it by a mile until Speight returns, if he ever does.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:42:05 AM by Temp430 »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 08:39:50 AM »
There was one play in the 1st qtr i believe Okorn was fantastic.The pocket collapsed he escaped at least 4 would be tacklers at least one had him and he shook loose rolled right and hit DPJ for 15 -20 yds.I see him do this and think ya he'll be alright.
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
There was one play in the 1st qtr i believe Okorn was fantastic.The pocket collapsed he escaped at least 4 would be tacklers at least one had him and he shook loose rolled right and hit DPJ for 15 -20 yds.I see him do this and think ya he'll be alright.
There is no denying the kid has really good physical talent. He's very elusive, has good speed, has a pretty good arm. He can make the WOW plays like that. Problem is everything else. He has happy feet in the pocket, he locks onto his 1st read and telegraphs throws, doesn't go through progressions and find the 2nd, 3rd or 4th options. If the first option isn't there he throws it anyway or he bails. 
He had DPJ for a walk-in TD. I mean DPJ smoked his guy by like 5 yards at least- and O'Korn overthrew him. Speight is pretty bad- but one thing he does have is a pretty good deep ball. I'd bet Speight hits that deep ball. 

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
Michigan’s passing game is lacking but no sacks, fumbles, or interceptions is a step in the right direction.  JBB is an upgrade at RT.

If Peters or anyone else was ready and better they would be out there.  Truth is O’Korn is it by a mile until Speight returns, if he ever does.
This offensive coaching staff is absolutely clueless on it's own personnel and it's shocking to me how bad they are. Ulizio was awful at everything. JBB might not be a drastic improvement in pass blocking- but boy he is as a run blocker.

Tyrone Wheatley is 6'6, 275 and he absolutely destroys people blocking when he's in the game at TE. So naturally they play the smaller McKeon and Gentry more and ask them to block- when they both really struggle right now in that department.
They have all these different parts on offense and don't know how to use them and it's astounding. Why do they get paid that kind of money if they can't do their jobs at a high level? 

Chris Evans has been horribly misused this entire year. Need to figure out how to use him? Watch some tape of how Urban used Curtis Samuel.  Took them this long to figure out that Karran Higdon is their best inside runner and say to hell with his lack of pass blocking- we just need to let him run. Kareem Walker had one great run where he showed how to run with violence and then- nothing. Ty Isaac is 6'3, 235 pounds and he runs like he's scared of contact. I don't get it.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 06:30:19 PM »
It's looking more and more like he picked the wrong QB in SF too

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.