header pic

The SEC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Week 6 Power Ratings of Participation Trophies

(Read 6102 times)

Nashville4UGA

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Week 6 Power Ratings of Participation Trophies
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »
We will likely find out of Fromm can shoulder the load against Auburn. If not still have Eason who can stretch the field although he doesn't scare anyone with his legs like Fromm. (He's by no means Cameron Newton but he can keep a defense honest and give them something else to prepare for.  I wish they would allow him to throw more but with the horses in the backfield now and with the OLINE starting to gel there really hasn't been a need. He competes against one of the best defenses in the nation in practice so the coaches know more than we do what they have there. I'd be willing to bet the kid would relish shouldering the load. 

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 06:01:51 AM »
I wonder if UGA will pass more with a large lead, should such a lead happen again.  They had Eason in clean up time with Vandy throw three passes to knock the rust off etc.  Folks complained about Eason last year (as fans do) for missing open receivers and making poor reads, and complain about Fromm locking in on one receiver and missing others.  It's a tough position to play obviously for a kid a year out of HS.

I lean to thinking they'd have a better chance against Auburn/Alabama with Eason, but Fromm is probably more reliable, and by now he's not exactly a true freshman.  He seems to be a gamer who improves with time.

They are going to have an interesting situation next year at QB AND RB.

Missouri will be a good test, I think, as they can pass the ball accurately if WRs are open.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
2 - Georgia
3 - Auburn
4 - Texas A&M
    5 - USCe
    5 - LSU
7 - Florida
8 - Kentucky
9 - Vanderbilt
10 - Tennessee
11 - Arkansas
12 - Ole Miss
13 - Missouri

I ain't ready to sleep on USCe yet... they have flashed, and they've fizzled.  that, to me, is a mark of a team on the verge of or on either side of 'good'... when they start banging consistent, it could go either way... i wager they easily beat UF and give UGA a bit of trouble. 

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »

1 - Alabama
2 - Georgia
3 - Auburn
4 - Texas A&M
5 - Miss State
6 - LSU
7 - Florida
8 - Kentucky
9 - South Carolina
10 - Vanderbilt
11 - Tennessee
12 - Arkansas
13 - Ole Miss
14 - Missouri
Well, I'd flip Auburn and A&M obviously.  LSU is up a notch.  Florida, well, wherever.  I think Mizzou climbs out of the cellar.
LSU seems to have found something somewhere.  Wins at Florida and with Auburn, well, are what they are.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.