header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Boomer Sooner

(Read 27896 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Re: Boomer Sooner
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »
Nice list C-dub.  Warm up those memories of watching the Selmons and Rod Shoate and that awesome OU defense of the mid-70s

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »
so she waited 1 month to report this

it looks suspicious to me

course we are supposed to automatically believe the woman so fry him
I'm still a fan of innocent until proven guilty, but that said, it's not uncommon to wait before speaking out.  Even years.  If ever.  
Being good friends with a rape victim, unless you know someone who's been through it, it might not make sense why that is.  But it's hard to imagine the level emotional destruction, humiliation and a lot of other things that a woman goes through.  Often they're not in a hurry to advertise to the world what's happened and draw attention to it.  I think it would be best, logically and rationally, if these incidents were reported immediately, but I understand why so often they're not.  Those decisions aren't made strictly logically, if at all.  It's highly emotional. 

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2017, 12:36:51 PM »
Nice list C-dub.  Warm up those memories of watching the Selmons and Rod Shoate and that awesome OU defense of the mid-70s
Rod Shoate is I think underrated these days.  But he was the most dominating linebacker I've ever seen play in person.
Play Like a Champion Today

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »
I'm still a fan of innocent until proven guilty, but that said, it's not uncommon to wait before speaking out.  Even years.  If ever.  
Being good friends with a rape victim, unless you know someone who's been through it, it might not make sense why that is.  But it's hard to imagine the level emotional destruction, humiliation and a lot of other things that a woman goes through.  Often they're not in a hurry to advertise to the world what's happened and draw attention to it.  I think it would be best, logically and rationally, if these incidents were reported immediately, but I understand why so often they're not.  Those decisions aren't made strictly logically, if at all.  It's highly emotional.
never the less when a supposed victim waits for years to report the supposed violation it reduces the ability of the accused to defend themselves

it should also reduce the ability of the supposed victim to prove it happened but in todays world their word is good enough
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:49:48 PM by longhorn320 »
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »
OU gonna OU
Hater.  Type in "Texas Longhorn arrested 2017" into google and see what you get.
I don't condone any of it.  If someone does something criminal, they should be arrested, and I don't care whether it's your star football player, my star football player, a local police officer or the president of these United States.  Bust 'em all.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
Apparently both the text-message exchanges and the information provided by the young woman's close friends directly contradicted her accusations.

I'm a law and order guy.  Actually, more accurately, a justice guy.  If someone has violated the law or someone else's rights, he/she should be prosecuted and, if convicted, punished appropriately.

I think that many star athletes have gotten away with a lot of wrongdoing, as if what they have done is just youthful hijinks.  You can see this reflected Dan Jenkins' novels.

In this case, I think that it's the young lady who is going to get away with wrongdoing.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
i agree with you CW

Unfortunately many times no actual charges are filed and no trial ever occurs

Its just someone popping up many years after the proposed attack occurred with 
nothing supporting it but just the proposed victim's words

The innocent until proven guilty doctrine becomes guilty because she said so
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2017, 03:23:11 PM »
Personally I think it’s much more often the case that the victim doesn’t report it because of all the negative consequences that happen when they do  including having to relive the crime over and over in explanations, having to stand up against false accusations of “slut shaming” etc vs. people getting unfairly accused.  But of course either situation is terrible.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »
The young lady is about to bet commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant in the Air Force, where she could have life-and-death authority over her subordinates.

I think she should be getting mental-health counseling instead.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
Hater.  Type in "Texas Longhorn arrested 2017" into google and see what you get.
Fake news.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2017, 01:06:44 PM »
Fake news.
More like Flake News.

UT, keeping the Big 12 weird.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
Rod Shoate is I think underrated these days.  But he was the most dominating linebacker I've ever seen play in person.
Rod's death was so sad.  He died a couple of blocks from where I was living in Spiro at the time.  He was three years younger than me so I got to watch some of his high school games.  1969-71 were some great years for small town football in eastern OK.  Rod Shoate in Spiro, the Selmons in Eufaula and Steve Davis in Sallisaw made it feel like it was normal to have this kind of talent.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »
Rod's death was so sad.  He died a couple of blocks from where I was living in Spiro at the time.  He was three years younger than me so I got to watch some of his high school games.  1969-71 were some great years for small town football in eastern OK.  Rod Shoate in Spiro, the Selmons in Eufaula and Steve Davis in Sallisaw made it feel like it was normal to have this kind of talent.
Yeah.  It was easy to be spoiled back then.

Three of those guys you mentioned are gone now, Thumper.  Only Lucius and Dewey Selmon are still with us.

I was in Norman yesterday, visiting a dying fraternity brother.  We and a couple of other guys spent many late nights together playing Risk and eating Darlin's at Denco's.  Bone cancer, all through his body.  Now he's in hospice, with medication just to alleviate pain.

Too many people dying too young.  It's a cliche, but when you know those people, it seems too true.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.