header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 OT Tourney (2nd Round) - End of TV monopoly vs. Conference networks

(Read 1748 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
SYSTEMIC CHANGES
End of TV monopoly
Recruiting coverage
Early NFL Draft entry
Conference networks
SYSTEM RULE CHANGES
Academic ineligibility
CFP
Conference championship games
Scholarship limits
GAME RULE CHANGES
OT
Narrower hashmarks
Tearaway jerseys banned
Play clock modifications
GAME PLAY CHANGES
Wishbone
SEC integration
Read option
Film study

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Kind of weird how directly one doesn't happen without the other.  To me the first was a good, that ultimately became a bad.  The second was a product of the first, but possibly the death nail to traditional conferences and rivalries.  I'll still take the first as overall a good thing, while the second, selfishly allowed me to watch vastly more MSU games outside of Michigan in the old ESPN+ syndication format, but overall made the sport worse IMO.

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
I've been voting based on biggest impact on the sport and, as such, this one is beyond obvious.  Conference Networks are a subsidiary of the End of the TV Monopoly so I have to go with End of TV Monopoly.  FWIW: I think that is the biggest overall.  It changed everything.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Yes, the end of the TV monopoly is probably only rivaled by desegregation as far as impact to the sport.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.