header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2017 NFL Thread~

(Read 33998 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: ~2017 NFL Thread~
« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »
I didn't see not even one second of the game last night.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2018, 12:06:21 PM »
Also, the playcalling resembled a college game, which is likely why it was so successful and fun to watch
I remember before they finished the 3rd quarter, it had eclipsed the most yardage amassed in a Super Bowl. Early in the 4th quarter, it took the title of most yardage amassed in any postseason game. And before the night was through, it became the most yardage ever in an NFL regular season or postseason game.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: February 05, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
Drew Brees and Nick Foles, both from the Austin area (and neither given even a look by the UT coaching staff...)

That was a fun game, I enjoyed it.  As a Dallas Cowboys fan I didn't really want to see the Eagles win it-- or really, any game, ever-- but I was okay rooting for Foles.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
Drew Brees and Nick Foles, both from the Austin area (and neither given even a look by the UT coaching staff...)
I don't know the entire story [i.e. who else was recruiting him], but Brees suffered a pretty nasty ACL tear as a Jr in high school and I think most of his recruiting attention went with it. According to Wikipedia, his only offers were Purdue and Kentucky.
So even if UT was showing interest in Brees, it likely evaporated after the injury. But UT is part of a LARGE list of schools who missed the boat on that one.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
his arm strength is pretty good, but it's not jaw dropping. he can make all the throws and zip it in there when he needs to, but it's not anything that makes you go wow.
Stafford's arm is jaw dropping. Rodgers' arm is jaw dropping. Flacco's deep ball is jaw dropping- the distance he can throw flat footed is crazy.
Where Brady's arm is flat out scary/jaw dropping is the pin point accuracy. Not sure there has ever been a more accurate thrower of the football in the NFL. He's had to hone his accuracy because for the most part he's played with little midget receivers his entire career. Outside of about the 2 hours he had Randy Moss and outside of Gronk most of the guys he's throwing to have been 5'9, 5'10, 5'11- guys who have a shorter catch radius and who need the ball put on them. His accuracy to me is just otherworldly. Rodgers and Brees are up there too in that department.
His arm is very good (see the randy moss year) and he hasn't lost all that much yet. Accuracy is decent but nothing special IMO. he'll hit guys in chest but not really in stride downfield plus he throws a ton of hospital balls to Gronk. Its just Brady just gets the ball out so damn fast almost every single time. He's also so good at reading D's that he doesn't have to go to his progressions all that much. 
Flacco's arm seemed shot this year. Maybe its just his lousy WRs but IMO something happened to his knee where he's afraid or just can't plant his front leg and fire it in there.  

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2018, 08:13:45 PM »
Wow, McDaniels changes mind, not taking Colts job.  Luck done?  Irsay nuts?  Belichick promise he can take over in NE in 2019?

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2018, 08:52:38 PM »
Sounds like it's 100% Kraft sticking it to Irsay for bitching about the Pats playing defense, then for deflate-gate.  He is grossly overpaying for an OC, just to keep him from Indy.

Apparently he had already hired a staff and they we're already in the building.  Colts planning to retain them, for a different HC, which really puts them at a disadvantage in hiring.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2018, 09:07:31 PM »
I'll admit the extent of my Colts knowledge around here is listening to others talk about it and the occasional talk radio (where I sometimes hear our very own JHetfield).   My angle on this is this is a big clue about the long term health of Luck.  Nobody knows.    Luck has managed to really paralyze the franchise for nearly two full seasons.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2018, 05:25:45 PM »
How much of this is discord between Kraft/Belichick/Brady? I've heard speculation that Belichick was PISSED about Garoppolo being traded, and that he was only traded because Brady thought he was a threat and got Kraft's ear. And that some of the purported rift between Belichick and Brady [regarding his doctor] might have been a response to that. 

Do you think that maybe Kraft essentially told McDaniels that Belichick is very close to wearing out his welcome, Brady is not going to be around much longer, and it's almost time to rebuild the team, so he wants McDaniels to head that up?

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2018, 08:19:28 PM »
Because who wouldn't want to work for this drug riddled mess?

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/286700230966128640

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »
Tom Savage to New Orleans to back up Brees?

Seems like about the worst possible fit for that offense. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
The Great Joe Thomas retired today.

11 years, 10 Pro Bowl appearances (missed a lot of his last season), 10K+ straight snaps and not many wins in Cleveland.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.