header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2017 NFL Thread~

(Read 34026 times)

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
Re: ~2017 NFL Thread~
« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
Please please do not that be what it looks like.   God speed Shazier.   
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
Love the announcers repeatedly saying this is bad for football...when they knew exactly what they were looking for in putting this game on Monday Night

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2017, 11:41:35 PM »
Was the hit on Burfict dirty?  I don't see it.  
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2017, 12:04:32 AM »
Love the announcers repeatedly saying this is bad for football...when they knew exactly what they were looking for in putting this game on Monday Night
yeah this is one of the nastiest rivalries in the NFL, and the Bengals defense features the dirtiest player in the NFL aside from Suh in Vontaze Burfict. Really bad idea to make this one the showcase game on Monday night.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2017, 12:12:29 AM »
Was the hit on Burfict dirty?  I don't see it.  
Dirty in the sense it was against the rules.  Three years ago it's a great block.  Clearly illegal now though.  The messed up part was that he stood over him and taunted after knocking a guy out with an illegal block, in a game where your teammate was taken off in a stretcher.  That was the classless part

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
Smith-Schuster and the Bengals DB who put the head-to-head hit on AB's TD catch suspended for a game each. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »
Smith-Schuster and the Bengals DB who put the head-to-head hit on AB's TD catch suspended for a game each.

Those were both dirty hits within the confines of the play.  No way should either guy get the same penalty as Gronk whose play was just as dangerous, but WELL after the whistle while the guy was lying on the ground, making it also 100% dirty.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
Those were both dirty hits within the confines of the play.  No way should either guy get the same penalty as Gronk whose play was just as dangerous, but WELL after the whistle while the guy was lying on the ground, making it also 100% dirty.
Agreed. That Gronk hit was absolutely unconscionable. Completely unnecessary, after the play, and with intent to harm.
I was watching the game last night, and the Smith-Schuster hit was a bit of a blindside and there was some helmet-to-helmet. Within the rules of the game as they are today, I think he went beyond the rules. That said, if he hadn't stood above Burfict taunting him, it might not have even been called as it wasn't *so* egregious, and not being on a ballcarrier hits like that often go unnoticed. A few years ago, that's just a great block. Now, that's a penalty. 
The DB on Brown was a similar hit. You're a DB and you're trying to hit a guy hard enough that he doesn't hold onto the ball. That's your job. He managed to launch himself headfirst at Brown's head, which absolutely deserved the penalty, but he was trying like hell to stop a TD catch. He went over the line.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
on the Schuster hit and in game penalty

15 yards for the hit during the play, AFTER the play was dead, 15 yards for taunting - 30 yards total

this is why Gronk should have a 2-game suspension at a minimum, because these other hits are within the game and get 1-game

there's a 100% difference, should be a 100% difference in number of games suspended

Belichick should suspend him the additional game if the NFL doesn't 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2017, 09:04:35 PM »
The Browns hired....Grigson? 

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
The Browns hired....Grigson?
the same guy the Colts fired for ruining their roster and botching the draft every year?
That's so Cleveland Browns. Browns gonna Browns.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
Wow.  They saw the Lions fail to be able to blow up their own stadium, and sure as hell weren't about to let Detroit steal the ineptitude headlines back.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »
Wow.  They saw the Lions fail to be able to blow up their own stadium, and sure as hell weren't about to let Detroit steal the ineptitude headlines back.
every time I feel bad for myself for being a Lions fan, I remember it could be worse....I could be a Browns fan.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2017, 03:17:40 PM »
First time I've watched the colts this season.   I'm not really watching the colts of course.  Might be snowiest game I've seen since a Tampa Bay at Green Bay game in the 80s.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.