header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: R.I.P. nuwildcat

(Read 14604 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: R.I.P. nuwildcat?
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 11:27:53 PM »
Wow, sad news.  RIP.

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »
I'm dumbfounded and heartbroken. R.I.P. nuwildcat

Marcel is one of my favorite posters, loved his sense of humor. Listening to his youtube channel now. Wow such a talent.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »
Very sad news.  He was a gracious and classy poster.

R.I.P., nuwildcat.
Play Like a Champion Today

Sam del Rosario

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm Sam, nuwildcat's cousin. Thanks for all the kind words about Marcel. He's the best brother I could ever have.

He loved being a part of this site and I'm glad he had all of you to talk with about NU and Big Ten sports and more. He and I graduated NU the same year and he kept me from falling into fairweather status. All I had to do was hang out with him for, like, 10 minutes and I got all I needed to be caught up and excited.

Thank you all. I'm forever grateful that you were all there for him.

GO 'CATS!!!

- Sam

http://www.cremation-society.com/obituary/Marcel-Ben-Talangbayan-D.M.A./Chicago-IL/1774635
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:24:45 AM by Sam del Rosario »

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 01:55:26 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Marcel will be missed by everybody here.  He was, to my knowledge, our lone Wildcat poster and one of our favorites.  I wish your family the very best at this time.  We won't be able to think about the 'Cats without thinking of Marcel.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm Sam, nuwildcat's cousin. Thanks for all the kind words about Marcel. He's the best brother I could ever have.

He loved being a part of this site and I'm glad he had all of you to talk with about NU and Big Ten sports and more. He and I graduated NU the same year and he kept me from falling into fairweather status. All I had to do was hang out with him for, like, 10 minutes and I got all I needed to be caught up and excited.

GO 'CATS!!!

- Sam

http://www.cremation-society.com/obituary/Marcel-Ben-Talangbayan-D.M.A./Chicago-IL/1774635
Thank you for coming here to post this Sam. Perhaps you can pick up Marcel's torch and carry it for him here. That would be great and would lessen the blow for all of us who really liked and appreciated him.

Also,

We will be making a memorial contribution in Marcel's name to the humanities and music department at Harold Washington College in Chicago, where he taught.

All the best to you, Sam, and the rest of your family. Again, thank you for coming here, to share with us.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:24 AM »

GO 'CATS!!!

- Sam

Sam, This was such a shock. Are you at liberty to tell us what happened?

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »
very sad news and very surprising for me

he will be missed
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ftbobs

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2018, 12:08:59 AM »
I'm beyond devastated right now.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
so sad to hear

RIP

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »

GO 'CATS!!!

- Sam

So, I know what I know when it comes to football, but with real life I process stuff slowly, usually too slow.
And after sitting on this for a week, I am humbled.
Thank you Sam. In the mist of your grief, you stopped by an internet site to acknowledge a bunch of faceless football junkies that interacted with your cousin. I'm not sure if you will ever stop by again, but I wanted to say thank you for doing that. It helped me in so small way to have closure with Marcel's passing.
I really appreciated nuwildcat's levity and humor when it came to being a fan of college sports
"Top-14 finish in the conference each year"
I hope to have Marcel's positive and humorous outlook when my team of 18-20 years are not performing the way I expect them to.
GO CATS! Go Marcel! you keep doing you, wherever you may be now. I hope I get to hear you stroke those sweet ivories in the afterlife.
Joe ~ TyphonInc
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:46:06 AM by TyphonInc »

slugsrbad

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »
I do not know what possessed me to stop by this site today, but here I am.  I haven't posted in quite awhile, not much in fact after the board switched over.  What tragic news.  I don't know what to add that hasn't already been said.  Gator was a legend, but to me (being a Penn State fan who really only ventured to the B1G board) NU was the emotional center of this community.  He was always upbeat about his Wildcats, and that's admirable.  I wish I had half of his outlook year in and year out when it came to sports.  

You will be missed Marcel.  Rest in peace. 

jhetfield99

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
I do not know what possessed me to stop by this site today, but here I am.  I haven't posted in quite awhile, not much in fact after the board switched over.  What tragic news.  I don't know what to add that hasn't already been said.  Gator was a legend, but to me (being a Penn State fan who really only ventured to the B1G board) NU was the emotional center of this community.  He was always upbeat about his Wildcats, and that's admirable.  I wish I had half of his outlook year in and year out when it came to sports.  

You will be missed Marcel.  Rest in peace.
+1

Sam del Rosario

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2018, 06:55:03 PM »
Hi. This is nuwildcat's (aka Marcel's) cousin again. Just wanted to make sure his memorial info is here in case anyone was interested. It will be at a chapel on NU's campus and we are encouraging everyone to wear purple and NU gear.

https://www.facebook.com/events/374754336268194/

It's been great for my heart to re-read the postings and catch up on the newer ones.

If it's helpful, the official cause of death is cardiovascular disease which is consistent with how little warning there was. I can't say it enough how much you all meant to him as an outlet for his love of NU and how much that means to me.

Sam
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:04:05 PM by Sam del Rosario »

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.