header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2017 MLB Thread

(Read 13313 times)

PSUinNC

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: 2017 MLB Thread
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:39 AM »
Going to the Pirates' home finale tonight.  I think this is only the 2nd baseball game after Labor Day I've ever been to.  Team was a disappointment this year, and it's over.  Nobody wants to fully admit it, but with a friendly team option for next year, McCutchen is pretty good trade bait in the offseason, so might be his final home game.  But it's not like he's retiring or actually a free agent, so he can't really acknowledge the crowd without being like "yeah, they're trading me."
He had an incredible game last night with the slam and 8 RBI's.  If you heard Hurdle's comments after and the fact that Cutch took a curtain call and they lifted him in the 7th as a way to let him run off the field, I believe 1)  He isn't playing tonight and 2)  He'll never step foot on PNC's field again as a Pirate.
Sad....truly sad the way this organization operates.  Is he Cutch 2012?  Obviously not.  But he's definitely worth his industry standard pricing, but of course they'll never pay him that.  
Should be an interesting couple of years of PBC baseball, as the fans truly revolt against Nutting and this now-extended management.  

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »
He had a great game last night.  I attended his first 3hr game at PNC when he was a rookie.   Great guy to watch.  I think he does get dealt though. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:34 AM »
He had an incredible game last night with the slam and 8 RBI's.  If you heard Hurdle's comments after and the fact that Cutch took a curtain call and they lifted him in the 7th as a way to let him run off the field, I believe 1)  He isn't playing tonight and 2)  He'll never step foot on PNC's field again as a Pirate.
Sad....truly sad the way this organization operates.  Is he Cutch 2012?  Obviously not.  But he's definitely worth his industry standard pricing, but of course they'll never pay him that.  
Should be an interesting couple of years of PBC baseball, as the fans truly revolt against Nutting and this now-extended management.  
I saw the stats, didn't realize the curtain call and getting lifted.  I assumed he was gone, but yeah, I doubt he plays tonight now.  Bummer

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »
JV pitching this afternoon on ESPN.  I didn't realize he had been even more dominant in Houston than he was his last few months in Detroit

4 stars; 4-0, 0.64 ERA, 0.57 WHIP, 10.29 K/9, 6.40 K/BB

nuwildcat

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
cubs!  :)
NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
Top-14 finish in the conference each year
Stellar 4-10 bowl record

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
So by quick glance only 3 things still to be decided, and two are all but sealed:

1.) Can the Brewers overtake the Rockies for the 2nd NL Wildcard? (2.5 GB)

2.) Can the Yankees catch the Red Sox for the AL East title? (3 GB)

3.) Will the Indians or Astros get home field in the AL? (Indians by 1)

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
The BrewCrew is out of gas.  Nelson going down really put them in a tough spot and it has caught up with them.  Valiant effort for a club many expected to lose 85+ games.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »
I think everything wrapped up tonight.  Rockies get wildcard, Red Sox win AL East, Tribe get home field.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »
Disgusting defense today by the Crew.   Sun embarrassed the IF.    Pen does the rest.   I turned those first round NCAA wins and let them ride into some nice o/u bets on the NL central this year.  I hit all four bets on the Reds, Pirates, Brewers and Cubs.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
playoff picks

WILDCARD GAME
Yankees d. Twins

Diamondbacks d. Rockies

DIVISIONAL SERIES
Indians d. Yankees
Astros d. Red Sox

Diamondbacks d. Dodgers
Nationals d. Cubs

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
Indians d. Astros

Nationals d. Diamondbacks

WORLD SERIES
Nationals d. Indians

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
Oh Twins

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »
This game is soooo 2017, in terms of style of play.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »
Tribe vs Skankees,this has to be season - just once before I capitulate
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »
Tribe up 1-0 heading to the bottom of the 3rd
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.