header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Foster Farms Bowl: Purdue (7-6) vs Arizona (7-6) Post Game

(Read 7331 times)

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Foster Farms Bowl: Purdue (7-6) vs Arizona (7-6) Post Game
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:28 PM »
So just going to kick this one off. I'll admit I know basically nothing about Arizona yet, except that apparently they like to put up a lot of points but also to give up quite a few. So I suspect this could be a shootout.

I might find my way up to Santa Clara for this one, though. Looks like cheap flights are available out of LAX.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:38:54 AM by ELA »

Brutus Buckeye

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Foster Farms Bowl: Purdue (6-6) vs Arizona (7-5) Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
Man, they really zipped the Big Ten and Pac 12 together, this bowl season. 
1919, 20, 21, 28, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 42, 44
WWH: 1952, 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 65, 67, 68, 70, 72, 74, 75
1979, 81, 82, 84, 87, 94, 98
2001, 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

DevilFroggy

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
Boiler Up!
I thought I settled my debts that night on the ride home
But I have still got hell to pay

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »
Since I get the Pac 12 network, I've seen my share of AZ this year, and I saw them in person at USC.  

Arizona has a lot of weapons running the ball, not just K. Tate (who was pretty quiet to end the season, even benched for Dawkins).  JJ Taylor is really fast, Wilson is +, then they have that big bowling ball (Green?)that comes in as well.  They didn't finish so hot to end the season.   Purdue should have no trouble moving the ball.

WhiskeyM

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 10:28:14 PM »
Purdue has a good front 7.  They should be able to keep Arizona "contained".  The Boiler offense seems to have figured it out the last few games.  This is an interesting match up, and a good way to be bowling again for Purdue.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 07:53:13 AM »
This is an interesting match up, and a good way to be bowling again for Purdue.
Was thinking the same.  It's nice to be in a bowl, but nicer that it's a "real" bowl.  I remember in 2007 how relieved I was not just the MSU ended their bowl drought, but that the Motor City Bowl rumors didn't come true, and they wound up playing Boston College in the Champs Sports Bowl.  Getting back to a bowl at all was good, but I'm glad for Purdue fans it's not against Ohio at Ford Field.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »
I'll admit that them only throwing for 170 ypg (110th in the NCAA) gives me a little bit more hope. What destroyed us against Lamar Jackson was that he was so dynamic running AND throwing. 

It appears that at least Arizona is a run-first team (3rd in the nation in rushing offense), and we can try to keep them in front of us. Purdue had the 30th ranked rushing defense in the country. 

So it's a test of strength vs strength. Should be a pretty interesting matchup.

DevilFroggy

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
Yeah, while Tate has at least Lamar Jackson capable legs (maybe even better) he absolutely does not have the same arm. uofa’s offense does like to catch the defense napping with their passing, however, and it can be costly to the opposing team at times. But on top of Tate’s arm not being anything special, the uofa WRs aren’t that great either. 

Stack the box, spy Tate, and have the offense avoid turnovers and Purdue should win. 
I thought I settled my debts that night on the ride home
But I have still got hell to pay

CatsbyAZ

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »
If RichRod comes to the table with a focused game plan, expect Arizona to come out swinging early in hopes to position Purdue to chase points, which I'm not sure the Boilermakers are built for. This could backfire if Purdue can sustain methodical drives which isn't that hard against our defense. The good news for the usually bad Arizona defense will be a finally healthy LB corps, who've had a few bright spots this season in limiting the opponent's rushing attack.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 05:43:38 PM »
Yeah, while Tate has at least Lamar Jackson capable legs (maybe even better) he absolutely does not have the same arm. uofa’s offense does like to catch the defense napping with their passing, however, and it can be costly to the opposing team at times. But on top of Tate’s arm not being anything special, the uofa WRs aren’t that great either.

Stack the box, spy Tate, and have the offense avoid turnovers and Purdue should win.
His running stats the last two games were awful.  If Purdue can execute that blueprint as effectively, tough to see Arizona finding a Plan B.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
Rich Rod didn't compete well against Big Ten teams. Hope that continues. Good luck to Purdue.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
Question for those of you who have traveled to a lot of bowl games.

Is it better to get tickets through the university, or through Ticketmaster / other channels?

@integrinB4  mentioned that he's had some less than wonderful experiences ordering tickets through the Purdue athletics dept, and their site doesn't provide ANY information on where the seats are located at each price point. Not being a JPC member, I'll obviously not get priority when it comes to seat assignment either.

I know the University takes a hit on bowl games if they don't sell their allotment, but they're not making it easy for me to buy the tickets and have some idea of whether they're decent seats... So as much as I want to support them financially so they don't eat the cost of unused tickets, I'm having trouble with the idea that I won't have any clue whatsoever where my seats are.

Thoughts?

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
Generally speaking, buying bowl tickets through your school means you are going to be sitting in the University allocated section(s).    Some people like that.  Others don't, as it often means lower corner.  Call Purdue ticket office to find that out.

With one exception, I have always fought on my own for tickets (that's usually meant ticketmaster).   That gives you autonomy in terms of where you want to sit, and often (not always) means you are paying less for the seat.  

Re: This bowl, it appears that the Upper Deck will be 'tarped' off, as they are not for sale.   For a bowl like this one, I'd show up w/o a ticket, and scalp.  I would envision an easy ticket (like all previous Foster Farms bowls).    Alternatively, I see you can buy a prime seat for face value on ticketmaster for $125 (plus whatever fees).   High end zone seats cost $20 plus fees.

Edit:  here it is according to a secondary market site:  Purdue will be along the sideline in front of sections 135-141 while Arizona will be along sections 111-119.    That suggests the best sideline seats, not the corners.  I'd still make a phone call to Purdue.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:16:33 PM by MarqHusker »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

For a bowl like this one, I'd show up w/o a ticket, and scalp.  I would envision an easy ticket (like all previous Foster Farms bowls).    
this
the scalper is your friend, especially 60 minutes before kick
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.