header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 211100 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
It's what he has done (and will do) in the other months that will be his undoing.
Ah the SEC.  It's already cost A&M one natty.  And now Sumlin will join Nick Saban's graveyard of coaches that would likely have done well in other circumstances.  Both Dabo and Jimbo would be in the graveyard by now too if they were in the SEC.
Sorry about all that.  14 teams.  Only 1 will rise up.  Saban in your conference.  And a fan base that somewhere down the line decided its school should be a blue blood force.
Good luck with all that.

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 11:07:36 AM »
Ah the SEC.  It's already cost A&M one natty.  And now Sumlin will join Nick Saban's graveyard of coaches that would likely have done well in other circumstances.  Both Dabo and Jimbo would be in the graveyard by now too if they were in the SEC.
Sorry about all that.  14 teams.  Only 1 will rise up.  Saban in your conference.  And a fan base that somewhere down the line decided its school should be a blue blood force.
Good luck with all that.
Saban can only account for one loss per year for the Aggies.  That won't be Sumlin's undoing either.  

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
I'm just glad Texas won last night.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »
I'm just glad Texas won last night.

why is the porch so vacant?  
is the quoted post being immortalized or something?  fearful of trying to end on a positive note and failing?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
No offense because I don't think anybody realized this before but the Big 12 porch is more of a religion than a place of worship.  It's alive but it seems to follow the posters from one thread to another while this one sits empty.  Maybe we'll all congregate here again someday, like an Easter or Christmas, or revival or pancake supper, or if someone dies or gets married.  But until that time the porch is a spirit that moves.  Right now he may be on the haiku thread.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
Well, now you've gone and done it!

Say drew, what's your favorite deep-fried food, or food served on a stick, or other generally unhealthy food, the type of which is served at, say, large state fairs?

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »
For me personally, it's still got to be the venerable old corny dog.  And specifically, the Fletcher's corny dog.  I like it with a little mustard, but I won't fault someone for using ketchup either.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
I telework on Thursdays and la familia has to go to HS JV football games right after work so I've been fixing dinner and in memory of my dearly departed mean as hell crazier than a poophouse rat Okie momma, I've been fixing things she used to fix in the '70s.

Like cheeseburger hamburger helper, lasagne, quick and sloppy king ranch chicken casserole made with doritos.  Tonight I believe I'll fry up a round steak, make cream gravy and biscuits.  Next week might be shake and bake chicken.

My kids can't believe we used to eat such crappy, cheesy, decadent food in the '70s.  They're starting to understand why we don't have many brain cells left.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2017, 09:28:06 AM »
shrimp burgers are a local thing... so is shrimp and cheese grits... i'll not turn either down, but as you can imagine they vary widely depending on who made them. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »
Don't see any shrimp burgers around here, but plenty of places do shrimp and cheese grits.  Tends to be New Orleans style when we do it here.

Speaking of food from the 70s, and grits, my mama makes this delicious sausage-cheese-grits casserole.  We usually have it as one of the sides for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinner.  It's so freaking delicious, and it's one of those old school 70s recipes that is so old it actually has a store-bought ingredient that no longer exists-- the Kraft Garlic Cheese Log. It was discontinued several years back and now there are all kinds of food blogs that have developed substitute recipes.  

They taste close enough, but certainly aren't as convenient as the overly-processed deliciousness of the original garlic cheese log.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »
y'all ever eat sausage balls?  no... never rare... 
breakfast sausage and shredded cheddar cheese in equal proportions, (say a pound each), and then a couple cups of bisquick... all mixed up, formed into balls.. put on a cookie sheet and broiled for twenty or so minutes... boom- delicious little bites you just can't stop eating... I usually do this around Christmas with intent to chomp on them during the games- but the family has since discovered them and they're gone a few hours after production. 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
About these shrimp burgers ... are they burgers with shrimp added, or are the basically shrimp sandwiches on hamburger buns?  Either way it sounds pretty yummy.

There’s a place here in my new digs, ie 51, er I mean, Maryland called simply Fish Tacos that’s a true Mexican outfit and features a lot of different shrimp taco and burrito plates.  It’s REALLY good.  But no burgers.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »
To me, burger = ground meat of some type.

Ground up shrimp? An unimaginable desecration.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »
Never heard of sausage balls, Drew.  I doubt anybody ever has.  Must be something your family invented that you just imagine othrr people eat.

:72:

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.