header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 Recruiting Thread

(Read 30964 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2017, 08:33:25 PM »
At 6-9, he'd have to go from 400 to probably 340 or 350 to be effective. The trouble is, losing that much weight and not losing muscle is really tough. He'll be on the rowing machine a lot, I reckon.
no more burgers, pizza, bread, or pasta
just fish, skinless chicken, and veggies
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Nebraska picked up the first commit of the Scott Frost era as Oxbridge Academy (Fla.) safety CJ Smith committed to the Huskers. 

Smith is the No. 309 overall player in the country according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and officially visited over the weekend. 

The 6-foot-2, 193-pound Smith was actually offered by Nebraska as a sophomore, but was re-offered by Scott Frost's staff last week, and visited by assistant Jovan Dewitt prior to his official visit. 

Smith chose the Huskers after taking official visits to Oklahoma UCF, Ole Miss and Baylor. 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2017, 01:29:28 PM »
MSU starting to gain a lot of momentum with 4* WR Tommy Bush out of Texas.

MSU was his first offer I believe, but all of his CBs were for Texas.  He took his official to MSU for the PSU game, then last week cancelled his Georgia visit this weekend, and a bunch of guys, including the lead Texas 247 writer, flipped their pick to MSU.

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »
yeah, Jones has been flirting with Alabama/St. Nick for awhile. Sounds like Jones wants to stay closer to home and sees the depth chart at Alabama as more favorable, and is upset Ohio State has been out recruiting other QB's. My take is, why you mad Urban is going after other QB's when you are talking to other schools? Kids these days.
not sure what depth chart he's been looking at, but bama very likely has the next 3 years worth of qb's already on campus in hurts and tua. don't know anyone else's depth chart, but can't imagine it's much more full than bama's.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »
Nebraska has had a lot of de-commitments recently. Like 4 or so top rated kids.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Is MSU full at WR this class?

Sounds like one of the UW commits from there is getting shaky.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
Is MSU full at WR this class?

Sounds like one of the UW commits from there is getting shaky.
They have 2, if they land Bush, they'll be done.  They might be done either way, kind of like Gervin at CB, where the plan was to take two, but if you can land one way up your board you take him and sort it out later.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »
AJ Abbott (Bloomfield) was in Madison for his official this past weekend, but there is word he might not be coming. I know he had an MSU offer so that's why I asked.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2017, 04:31:11 PM »
AJ Abbott (Bloomfield) was in Madison for his official this past weekend, but there is word he might not be coming. I know he had an MSU offer so that's why I asked.
I don't think MSU is involved with him at all, if so I haven't heard a thing.
My guess is Bush or nothing at WR.
If they do take anyone else, my guess is that it would be Jalen Nailor, the 3* kid from Vegas who decommitted from ASU when Graham was fired.  MSU offered him initially, before he picked ASU back in the spring.  His teammate, and MSU legacy Jacob Isaia committed since then, so there is an in, but it seems like Utah is probably the team to beat.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
Must be more to the story, or there is no story at all. We'll know in 9 days.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
not sure what depth chart he's been looking at, but bama very likely has the next 3 years worth of qb's already on campus in hurts and tua. don't know anyone else's depth chart, but can't imagine it's much more full than bama's.
heard a rumor Tua might transfer to UCLA to play for Chip. Might make sense for him honestly. Hurts isn't leaving any time soon, he's not a legitimate NFL QB prospect. Hurts will be the QB in 2018 and 2019.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2017, 06:43:42 PM »
Nebraska has had a lot of de-commitments recently. Like 4 or so top rated kids.
well that usually happens when you fire the entire coaching staff and hire a new coach this late in the game lol.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2017, 06:47:17 PM »
That 4* WR Tommy Bush would be a huge pick-up out of Texas if MSU was able to pull it off.

He's rated as the #193 player in the 247Composite, but 247 only has him ranked as a 3* in their own rankings. Rivals and ESPN are way higher on him than 247.

He's got size and speed, and you can't teach that. He measured 6'4, 189 and ripped off a 4.47 in the 40 at the opening. Can't teach that kind of height, length and speed. Anything under 4.5 is just moving. Especially at that size.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
Michigan will host it's Outback bowl practices at Berkley College Prepatory School in the Tampa Bay area. Wait for it....same HS as 5* OT Nicholas Petit-Frere (6'6, 270) of Florida.

Michigan was Petit-Frere's first offer ever. One of his HS assistant coaches is Garrett Rivas who was a kicker at Michigan, and his HS head coach is friendly with Harbaugh as apparently he's like a super-fan of the Chicago Bears and knows Jim since Jim's days with the Bears.

Before the mass bitching ensues, it's legal.

Alabama did this to land a pair of 5 STARZZZ! recruits from the same high school in the Orlando area. 5* DB HaHa Clinton-Dix (who was uncommitted at the time) and 5* RB Dee Hart (who was committed to Michigan at the time) of Dr. Phillips high school. Alabama held their bowl practices at Dr. Phillips and paid the school an outrageous some of money per hour to use the facilities and also spent tens of thousands of dollars to make permanent improvements to the locker-room, field, and weight facilities at no cost to Dr. Phillips. Yeah, Alabama signed both those guys. Clinton-Dix went on to be a 1st round NFL draft pick and Dee Hart was recruited over by other 5* RB's and barely played his first 2 years then transferred to Colorado State ran for 1,300 yards and bolted for the NFL draft instead of coming back for his 5th year and went undrafted.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.