header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: #19 Michigan (2-2, 5-2) at #2 Penn State (4-0, 7-0) Post Game

(Read 9811 times)

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
#19 Michigan (2-2, 5-2) at #2 Penn State (4-0, 7-0) Post Game
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
Penn State is coming off a bye week used to sharpen their fangs and claws for a schizophrenic Michigan team.   Michigan may have the nation's #1 defense but the real entertainment is when Michigan is on offense.  I liken it to bull riding where you're always wondering if the rider, Michigan QB O'Korn, is going to die.  Michigan's offense did take a step forward against Indiana giving up no sacks, fumbles, or interceptions and had a back with 200 yards rushing for the first time since Denard Robinson.  Penn State is rumored to be  planning a white out and is favored by 14 points the last time I checked.  ABC is carrying the game at 7:30 PM.

Go Blue!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:01:48 AM by ELA »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: #19 Michigan (2-1, 5-1) at #2 Penn State (3-0, 6-0) Game Week
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
I think the OL took a step forward, but O'Korn looked awful, without the weather to blame this time.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:10:22 AM »
I have a funny feeling about this game. I wonder what time it will be on (if it's on..) in Barcelona. Are they 6 hours ahead there?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Geolion91

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:12:07 AM »
This should be an exciting game.  College Gameday, white out, and a 7:30 kickoff should have the stadium rockin'.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »
I think the OL took a step forward, but O'Korn looked awful, without the weather to blame this time.
The OL took a step forward because they finally benched Ulizio- who had been absolutely awful for 5 games in a row- honestly maybe the worst RT that I've seen at Michigan ever- and they also decided it might be a good idea to put Wheatley- their 6'6, 275 pound TE as an extra in-line blocker more often. Giving Higdon the majority of the carries helped as well. He doesn't hesitate and dance in the backfield- he's one cut and go- runs north/south violently. Basically the complete opposite of Chris Evans. Evans continues to be misused.

And yeah, O'Korn was probably the worst I've ever seen him. At least against MSU he was dealing with a monsoon. Perfect weather and he can't complete passes. He makes a lot of rookie mistakes for a 5th year guy. He stares down receivers and telegraphs throws. And if his first read isn't there right away he starts to panic and get happy feet. You expect that sort of thing from a freshman. Not a 5th year senior who has started probably close to 20 games in his career.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:12 AM »
This should be an exciting game.  College Gameday, white out, and a 7:30 kickoff should have the stadium rockin'.
Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you. It'll only be exciting if you're a Penn State fan. Or maybe Ohio State fan. Or MSU fan. Or ND fan. I know those 3 teams- they like to get their rocks off watching Michigan get embarrassed.

Penn State is going to slaughter Michigan. I'm thinking 31-7. Something along those lines. I am not a betting man- but I am thinking about betting the farm on Penn State. It is not going to be pretty. Michigan has absolutely no chance in this game. And their defense will eventually wear down and break because the Michigan offense is going to be going 3 and out and/or turning it over pretty much all game long.

I may not even watch this game. It is going to be really ugly for Michigan.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you. It'll only be exciting if you're a Penn State fan. Or maybe Ohio State fan. Or MSU fan. Or ND fan. I know those 3 teams- they like to get their rocks off watching Michigan get embarrassed.
Nah, we already have tiebreaker over Michigan.  We may need this PSU loss.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »
I have a funny feeling about this game. I wonder what time it will be on (if it's on..) in Barcelona. Are they 6 hours ahead there?
Yup, 6 hrs ahead. If you have wifi/internet or data plan that works you can watch it on the WatchESPN app on your iPhone/IPad or laptop. Not sure it'll be on any of the local channels though. 
Barcelona is maybe my favorite place of all-time. How long you going there for? 

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »
Did Mdot21 just type his version of a "No Way" post?

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
Nah, we already have tiebreaker over Michigan.  We may need this PSU loss.
Do your own damn dirty work. Gonna have too. Penn State is going to absolutely murder Michigan. I honestly don't see anyway in hell how it's even a close game. The offense is just so bad. And as good as Michigan's defense can be- they're not going to be able to hold down an explosive offense like Penn State's for 60 minutes. Ain't happening. Eventually they'll crack and tire out from being on the field all damn game. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »
Do your own damn dirty work. Gonna have too. Penn State is going to absolutely murder Michigan. I honestly don't see anyway in hell how it's even a close game. The offense is just so bad. And as good as Michigan's defense can be- they're not going to be able to hold down an explosive offense like Penn State's for 60 minutes. Ain't happening. Eventually they'll crack and tire out from being on the field all damn game.
Well, yeah, I'd prefer to beat OSU and PSU, but if we don't I'd prefer to still have things align to get to Indy at 8-1.  7-2 seems nearly impossible unless they beat OSU or PSU and then get upset for the 2nd loss.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
I like Michigan's chances in this game.  Michigan's D is good enough to contain Barkley and keep McSorely running for his life.   Michigan just needs to run the ball effectively, control the clock, and not turn the ball over.
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »
Yup, 6 hrs ahead. If you have wifi/internet or data plan that works you can watch it on the WatchESPN app on your iPhone/IPad or laptop. Not sure it'll be on any of the local channels though.
Barcelona is maybe my favorite place of all-time. How long you going there for?
We start there on Wednesday and then on Saturday board a ship for a week that will hit Spanish, French and Italian islands. We end up near Rome, take the train to Florence for 5 days and then back to Rome for a few days to fly home.

Trip of a lifetime for us. We have the same ship, same crew and same cabin as last time. All the islands (West Indies) we were on are pretty much gone now...

So as it turns out if I want to see football it will be on the ship, which has the high speed internet on board. They did have the games live when we were on it over the Holidays last year so maybe they will have them again. I can't imagine staying up that late for this game though. Looks like I can catch the Badger game as it's an 11AM game here. 
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
I like Michigan's chances in this game.  Michigan's D is good enough to contain Barkley and keep McSorely running for his life.   Michigan just needs to run the ball effectively, control the clock, and not turn the ball over.
I do too. It just feels like that.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.