header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 CCG

(Read 18006 times)

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »
Same here, CG.

I'd still rather see Mike move on--maybe to go work for little brother Mark at Kentucky--but the Sooner defense really came through yesterday, especially in the 2nd half.

And even on those two 1st-half TD passes, the TCU players were well-covered.  Kenny Hill threw two perfect passes, and the Frog WRs made two perfect catches.
I agree.  I just think it is time for a fresh perspective on the D side.  Also, schools can add a 10th coach next year, it will be interesting to see what position OU use that on.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2017, 11:08:58 AM »
Brent Venables???

why has he not been approached by Tennessee?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »
That is what I was thinking of, the Champions Bowl.  From the Big 12 site:
2016 Big 12 Bowl Selection Process
College Football Playoff (CFP) Selection Process
The CFP Selection Committee ranks the top 25 teams and selects the four teams to participate in the semifinal games. Then, after the contract bowls are filled based on conference agreements, the Committee will assign teams to fill the remaining New Year's bowls. Each conference champion from the contract bowls (ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC & Pac 12) has a guaranteed spot in its contracted bowl
or in another New Year's bowl (Sugar, Rose or Cotton) if the contracted bowl is a semifinal game and the conference champion is not selected to participate in a semifinal game. The highest ranked champion from the Mountain West, American, Conference USA, Sun Belt or MAC is guaranteed a spot in a CFP bowl and the remaining spots are filled based on the rankings of teams after the contract bowls have been filled.

So this means?  :confuse:
Hmmm.  I'm scratching my head too.
Play Like a Champion Today

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
Brent Venables???

why has he not been approached by Tennessee?
Maybe he has and said no.  Doesn't want to coach in the middle of a dumpster fire.
I think Brent would be a great pick for a head coach.  But he seems happy to be at Clemson, where he is one of the highest-paid assistants in the country.  Maybe the right job will come along at some point and he will jump at the opportunity.
I wonder if he envisioned himself as Bob Stoops' successor at OU until Lincoln Riley came along.

Good luck with Scott Frost, Fearless.  I hope that he gets the Big Red ship righted by 17 September 2022, when I hope to be in Lincoln.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2017, 12:12:28 PM »
thanks, I appreciate the good wishes

would Riley and the Sooners open up the bank to bring Brent back as the D-coordinator?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »
Adding to the congrats FF, although I have some friends at UCF and I know they’re bummed.

But anyway I hope he gets NU back where they should be.  Would be great to have another Game of the Century in 2021, at the 50th anniversary of the last one.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »
UCF is in a better spot today than before Scott arrived, it sucks to lose a guy like that, but with a little luck they can build on the past season

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »
thanks, I appreciate the good wishes

would Riley and the Sooners open up the bank to bring Brent back as the D-coordinator?
I think the answer to that question is complicated.

1.  Mike would have to leave.  I don't know this, but I suspect that there has been some tacit arrangement that Mike would be allowed to leave of his own volition.

2.  Brent would have to want to come back.  I don't think he holds a grudge against OU, but I wonder if maybe he's just moved on, with no intention of looking back.

3.  OU would have to be willing to pony up the money to at least equal Brent's salary at Clemson.  And Joe Castiglione is known for being very careful with a dollar.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »
One of the many Buckeye fans on the B1G board posted some good comments about how UCF sent Frost away--with thanks for a job well-done and best wishes for him at Nebraska.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
congratulations sooners

lets get 2 more
"Let's"?

That's some orange blood you got there.

You show me a sooner fan that won't be pulling for Mizzou and I'll pay to upholster your recliner.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:20:35 PM by BrownCounty »

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Well that's just too easy.

I won't be pulling for Mizzou.  They left the conference.  F em.

320, you can send that bill to BC.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »
"Let's"?

That's some orange blood you got there.

You show me a sooner fan that won't be pulling for Mizzou and I'll pay to upholster your recliner.
I really dont care about who roots for who
I always pull for the Big12 so just bugger off
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
CH dont you ever question my allegiance to UT

I was a Horn before your daddy knew your momma
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »
I was a Horn before your daddy knew your momma
Key word above = "was"

Yeah you just kick back and pull for your sooners to win their 29th national championship.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:32:26 PM by BrownCounty »

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.