header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Boomer Sooner

(Read 27864 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Boomer Sooner
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
Thanks! I went on a full academic scholarship, no reason they can't, too.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »
Slow start but OU pulled it together.

Okie St, Texas and TT all had good games yesterday.  TT and OSU come in back to back weeks on the OU schedule. 

In fact that five week run starting with Texas, then KState, TT, OSU in Stillwater, then TCU, looks pretty hairy.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »

....then TCU, looks pretty hairy.
I just pictured a horny toad with Bridget Bardot hair.
The thought almost made me smile.  
If it had been wearing a bikini too, I might've grinned.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »

TCU cheerleaders cannot be measured on a 1-10 scale.  It has to go to 11.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »
"My friend, Bob, what do we need to make the country grow?
I said my friend, John, Brigitte Bardot
Anita Ekberg
Sophia Loren
Country'll grow"

- Bob Dylan

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
Interesting cross-section of Big 12 cheerleaders shown here:

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/gallery/college-football-s-finest-cheerleaders-from-around-the-big-12-092215

OU clearly has the cutest gals, at least in these photos, in my totally biased opinion.  And, I'd go for WVU for second. 

Not sure what's going on in Kansas, but perhaps they're going for substance and not looks ...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:15:57 PM by CousinFreddie »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »
"My friend, Bob, what do we need to make the country grow?
I said my friend, John, Brigitte Bardot
Anita Ekberg
Sophia Loren
Country'll grow"

- Bob Dylan
You gotta be kidding me.  Now Dylan?  What is it with Neil Young people also liking Dylan?  Holy manic depression.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »
heh - thanks Nurse Ratched.  Knew that'd get cha.  Too easy really.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
I've always liked and respected Dylan but really done a deep dive into his discography.  I think I'll get started on that.
Meanwhile, BOOMER!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Supposedly Sam Cooke was so impressed with Bob Dylan's "The Times, They Are a Changin'" that it inspired him to write "A Change Is Gonna Come."

I've always been a big fan of "Tangled Up in Blue."  I love how well the lyrics tell a story, conjure images, provoke thoughts and fit together so well.

Plus, I've always had a fondness for songs about strippers.  'Main Street' by Bob Seger is, of course, a great song about about a stripper.

But you know, the very best song about living with a stripper and being obsessed with a stripper is probably Norah Jones' "I've Got to See You Again."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 11:51:24 PM »
My favorite song about a peeler was written by Ray Wiley Hubbard.

It is entitled: "OU sucks."

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:46 AM »
If anyone should require a list of recording artists that are more musically redeeming and recreationally rewarding than Neil Young and Bob Dylan, I have about 28 pages I could send you.

At least Bob Seger was mentioned above.  A welcome deviation.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »
[member=21]CharleyHorse46[/member] tangled up in blue is far and above my favorite Dylan tune... Bob Seger is the greatest songwriter who lived by my reckoning- not only his own stuff, but things he's written for others... they don't come often like that. 

[member=15]utee94[/member] Ray Wylie Hubbard is also amazing... he taught me how to finger-pick 'his way' at his joint out in Beverly.  I've got a page in my notebook where he drew it out for me... if you play, I'll be happy to share.  it's not that it is coveted because of what it says, but it's coveted because Ray Wylie freakin' Hubbard wrote it out with his own hand and handed it back to me.. He lives near Kevin Welch, who is a friend of mine, and who is a tremendous talent when it comes to songwriting- and his style of music suits me.  I've learned a lot from that crowd- and the biggest thing I learned is:  I needed to pursue other means of binding body and soul... 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 10:26:12 AM »
Bob Seger's a great songwriter.  I'm not sure if he's the greatest ever, but he's up at the top.  Other favorites of mine that might belong on that "Mount Rushmore" are Willie Nelson and Prince.  We could go on forever of course.

And I'm a huge fan of Ray Wiley Hubbard.  I've been lucky enough to see him play tons of times around Austin, since he tends to hang out with Jerry Jeff Walker and the Gonzo folks.  I've met him but never interacted with him personally, that's very cool that you got to hang out.  And no, I'm not much of a picker.  My dad is great, and I used to hack around with him a bit, but it never really rubbed off, sadly.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.