header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: #38

(Read 5667 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: #38
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Like hell he wouldn't have.  Lou felt the Noles, Huskers, and the South Bend Pop Warner team were better than his Irish, who were just lucky to be in any games that year
after Boo Hoo Lou's crying for a share of the title that season, 
I remember Bobby Bowden being very gracious and admitting that Nebraska was probably the best team.  Probably just to get at Lou.  Bobby wasn't giving the hardware back.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »
Not quite sure how he could claim getting screwed in 1990.  Getting screwed in the Orange Bowl?  Perhaps.  Even with a win there, they weren't jumping an undefeated Georgia Tech, or probably even a 2 loss Miami (who ND did beat) the way those teams manhandled Nebraska and Texas in the Citrus and Cotton Bowls.

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
Lou Holtz did a great job at ND. Really, he did. But for all the post hoc ND fandom I've acquiesced to in my married years, I've never really come around on him. I'll sing their praises, and I'll say he was good, but I won't sing his praises.

Screwed those years? Nope. Win the games you need to win--including BC at home.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 04:55:33 PM »
yup, Lou was a good coach and probably a better man

but, I don't need to blow his horn, he and others did that well enough
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.