header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 210500 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #1106 on: December 09, 2018, 11:41:20 AM »
That horns down logo in the OU logo reminds me of a floppy disk.  The later ones that were weren’t so floppy.  The white part looks like the little metal chingadera.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: December 09, 2018, 11:42:44 AM »
Congrats to Kyler.  Sell deserved.   Cool family.  Heroes of A&M, Texas and OU.  (Kevin, Calvin & Kyler, you know).

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1108 on: December 09, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »
Lighten up,  Francis. If you can’t have a little humor here then where can you?  

Besides, if anything it was making fun of Tom Herman and his thin skin. God, if you okies have such thin skin when you’re winning I’d hate to see what happens when you’re not.

I guess congrats to Kyler on his Heisman. I’m well aware that Sumlin/A&M let a great one get away. It’s going to be interesting watching him matchup the next game (or two).

Good luck in your games.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:58:12 AM by Gigem »

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: December 09, 2018, 12:45:00 PM »
HYWell even though i know you’re a pseud posing as Aggie (bad acting job my friend - the Horniess within just oozes forth from your posts like a continuous odor of SBD burnt orange farts), it gave me license to rub the total Aggie choke job on QBs in, even to the point of comparing A&M to the team they most hate to be compared with: Tech!  Even if there aren’t any Aggies here to see it - lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:47:08 PM by CousinFreddie »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1110 on: December 09, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
Jeez.

I haate family squabbles.  Why can’t we all just get along?  Simmer down fellows.  It’s the holiday season.  Time for Sooners, Aggies & Horns to celebrate the camaraderie of our ccommon love of college foodball.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1111 on: December 09, 2018, 03:51:09 PM »
I’m still genuinely baffled cousin Freddie didn’t get a laugh out of the OU logo thing?  Shoot, I specifically posted it for his enjoyment. 

Carry on...

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1112 on: December 09, 2018, 05:24:11 PM »
We is humans.  Sometimes we have distracting burdens on our hearts & minds.  Many a time I have refused to give folks the response they’re expecting.

Course I’m a contrary imp.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #1113 on: December 09, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
Yep I’m definitely a catlike contrary to ordinary human bean.

I’d seen the logo thing before and so it wasn’t news.  Truth be told, the Horns have a very cool symbol even if they borrowed it from Minnesota.   Generally Texas does obsess about OU too much for their own good.  We probably do the same in reverse, and the upside down hand thing is evidence of that.  When we’re not playing Texas, who cares?  I think it should be discouraged outside of the RRS.  

Anyway, if you were sincere Gigem, thanks for thinking of me.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1114 on: December 09, 2018, 07:06:43 PM »
We borrowed Minnesota’s logo?  They have a straddle-legged maroon M outlined in gold and we have an orange longhorn head.  I see the resemblance to The Ram truck emblem, the female reproductive organs and the tan lines a women in a t-back gets but I don’t see the connection to Minnesota.  Can you explain, Cousin Fred?

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #1115 on: December 09, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »
I know nothing more than what this wiki site says:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_%27em_Horns

No doubt it seems like a weird thing for a team/program whose mascot is a gopher for sure, but I guess you’ll have to take that up with authors who contributed to that wiki site
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:42:06 PM by CousinFreddie »

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1116 on: December 09, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »
Well wikipedia has certainly never been wrong, so...

That would be interesting if true, but since there's no citation for that assertion, it really just sounds like an Aggie edited it and made up some shit just for the fun of it.  It's been known to happen...

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #1117 on: December 09, 2018, 11:23:28 PM »
Another thing that makes one suspect Aggie input is that it’s either in that wiki, or in an article that it links, where the hook’em sign was said to be done in response to the Aggies already having a gig’em hand gesture.  Or maybe it’s true, who knows.  

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #1118 on: December 10, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »
Maybe there's some backstory there I didn't bother to read up on.... but I can't fathom why Freddie would be offended by that logo thing.  Is that somehow a dig at the sooners?  Guess I'm not getting something..... 

For that matter, I can't fathom why horn fans get so ridiculously lathered up over the horns down sign.  I mean... is that seriously a penalty in your league now?  That is laugh out loud ridiculous.... If my fanbase got so riled up over something like that to the point the league catered to making it a penalty on our behalf, I'd be embarrassed.

But that's the Big XII for you....  :)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1119 on: December 10, 2018, 09:15:09 AM »
I didnt think an aggie can get embarrassed 

learn something new every day
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.