Topic: Name Your Three Favorite Beers.

(Read 42325 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Name Your Three Favorite Beers.
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
LH Milk Stoudt is manna.BTW congrats to utee 94.Dec. 2005 he gave birth to the Beer Thread on the CFN Board.Waiting for the Horns to take down Pretty Pete & the Spoiled Children.Oh Happy Day
Yeah, those were the days.  Now I'm just praying Texas can eek out a 7-6 season with a win in Mattress Mac's Galleryfurniture.com Bowl.  
Anyway, this week my buddy Bald Greg and I are hitting a different brewery every day, leading up to our annual Liberation Day (last day of work before Christmas break).  On Monday we went to Austin Beerworks.  Yesterday was Oskar Blues (they opened a branch brewery in Austin about 1.5 years ago).  Today we'll be hitting up two-- Hops & Grain AND Zilker Brewing.  Thursday is probably Celis, and we'll finish up Friday with Live Oak Brewing, of course.
Speaking of milk stouts, Zilker makes a really terrific Coffee Milk Stout, not overly done on the coffee so it's just right.  And Celis just brought out a Coffee Belgian Dubbel that is promising based on its predecessor that I tried about a year ago.  

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2017, 03:25:05 PM »
I had 4 Black Out Stouts(11%) yesterday,they only come in 4 packs.Then an Elliot Ness(Vienna Style Lager)didn't really eat and don't remember chit after that
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MichiFan87

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
Just finished big bottles (22-25 oz) that I got from my work secret Santa of 3 Floyds Alpha Klaus (better version of Alpha King) and Goose Island* Bourbon County Stout, while watching Michigan basketball annihilate Alabama A&M.

*Yes, Goose Island is still a sellout, especially with so many other great microbreweries in Chicago, but they still make some good small-batch beers like this.
“When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing”
― Bo Schembechler

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
Goose Island is still good.  And I don't have a problem with "selling out" in general, I'm a true believer in pure Market Capitalism after all. :)

The problem I DO have with the macro breweries is that they actively engage in anti-competitive behaviors, like working through lobbyists to obtain extremely tilted anti-craft legislation in their favor, as well as tying up the raw ingredients and commodities in order to force the prices up for their much smaller competitors (or remove their sourcing entirely), even when they don't need those materials and have been known simply to dump them.

Those behaviors are why I typically choose against drinking anything owned by the macros, even if it's one of the craft brands they've bought up over the years. 

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
I have a dream. I have a dream that one day, I will check the contents of my grain bin prior to brewing so I don't make an unintentional hoppy wheat ale instead of a blonde. I have a dream that one day this unintentional hoppy wheat ale will be delicious and quaffable, despite the last minute recipe changes. And I have a dream, ladies and gentlemen, that one day we will be judged NOT by the color of our worts, but by the contents of our kegerators!

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »
It's a beautiful dream, man!

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
I'm nearing the end of my Dry January.  One week to go.  Gives me plenty of time to decide what my first beer will be next Friday.  It looks like it'll still be pretty cold, so something dark and malty would be my guess.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2018, 07:54:29 AM »
i picked up a six pack of this a couple weeks ago and forgot about it... restocking the bar fridge i found it and cooled it off for a while.. and surprise surprise- it ain't too bad at all!!!!

i only got it because that's what my cane corso is gonna look like when he get's some age on him. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
Oatmeal Stout, breakfast in a beer.  Very nice.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
Great Lakes Brewing released their OKTOBERFEST this week.A celebration of malty goodness

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer..'

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »
Yuengling has come out with a Golden Pilsner or sum such.Decent,smooth,light - definitely summer suds

Briguy

• Walk On
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2019, 09:55:02 AM »
Since I have to drink Gluten Free

1. Stella 
2. Modelo
3. Corona

Before Gluten Free
1. Sam Adams
2. Becks Dark
3. Great Lakes Eliot Ness

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2019, 08:17:18 AM »
HA!Great Lakes Brewing released their OKTOBERFEST last week.A celebration of malty goodness - not that I had to remind any body

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.