header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Horns vs Bears

(Read 7793 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Horns vs Bears
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
flying sucks bad enough, but then there are those folks that want to go through airports in France, just to look around
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
What about the line jumpers in planes?

Generally, planes empty out from front to back.  It takes time.  You're in the back, biding your time, waiting your turn, and there's always that one guy who is too inconsiderate to wait his turn so he jumps up from his seat further back and weasels past five or six people who he ought to wait on, right before they stand up, just because he thinks that getting ahead of five or six people will make such a huge difference in his schedule.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
Oh yeah those guys suck.  And they usually step on your foot or bang your leg or arm with their bag etc as they make their move.  And without apology.  There’s a phrase in Spanish my mother in law always says which is “sin verguenza” which means “without embarrassment” or “shameless”, and that applies to these types.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
I thought the you know what I hate thread was over there ----> ?

Anyway, I don't like airplane line jumpers either.  Buncha jerkwagons.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »
Flying is not fun any longer. :smiley_confused1:

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
My first flight was as a five year old, going from Seattle to Anchorage where we lived for two years while my dear father was avoiding Vietnam, er I mean, serving in the Public Health Service as a young physician stationed at Elmendorf AFB.

So exciting, it was.  The airline (TWA maybe?) gave my brother and me little flying wings, to commemorate the trip, and I seem remember all sorts of other airline swag that we kept for years, might still have in a box somewhere, as memorabilia.  Such a thrill to fly, back then.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 04:06:40 PM »
It's not just the armrest people try to claim, but I find one of the other huge annoyances is the "manspreading" where legs and/or feet are also invading what little seat space I have on an airplane. 
I can may be understand if someone is extra tall and has physical issues keeping the legs straight in between the seats, but very rarely is the person next to me much taller than I am and trying to starfish out in the seat. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
When someone is crowding my seat on an airplane, or a train, or whatever, I've found that being direct is the best approach.  I'm fairly non-confrontational, but when it comes to my personal space, I don't put up with crap like that.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 06:56:14 PM »
I thought the you know what I hate thread was over there ----> ?
Hmmm, these seem like redundantly titled threads to me :88:

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:48 PM »
Yeah, good call.  We all hate Baylor.  Kick them out of the B12.  Obviously.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »
It's not just the armrest people try to claim, but I find one of the other huge annoyances is the "manspreading" where legs and/or feet are also invading what little seat space I have on an airplane.
I hear you Erin.  Here is kind of interesting article on it - turns out in Spain they're beginning to try to put a stop to it:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/09/manspreading-public-bus-signs-tell-men-keep-legs-together/383735001/
That clip ends on an interesting psychological aspect about people (mainly guys) feeling "empowered" by taking up more space.  Kind of interesting and revolting at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:47:03 PM by CousinFreddie »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 09:00:43 PM »
Hmmm, these seem like redundantly titled threads to me :88:
Cousin Fred, Junior has finally joined us older fellows in that stage of life where technology is a somewhat random, mysterious and dumbfounding adventure.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 12:14:54 AM »
Yep, he’s on his way to old fogey-hood.  Much older now than we were when we all started talking on cnn together.

So speaking mysterious tech, my 15 year old just got me set up on Snapchat.  That’s kind of fun.  You post stuff and people read your message, photo, meme or gif, etc, and then 10 seconds later it disappears, like the intro tape on mission impossible.  It’s kind of like the message equivalent of a one night stand in a city you leave before dawn never to be seen again, a midnight rider.  Like that U2 song unknown caller.  Love those lyrics.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 07:59:34 AM »
You golderned idgits, I'm a computer engineer and programmer, and I'm now in marketing for one of the largest high tech hardware manufacturers in the world.  

Just because I loathe technology, doesn't mean I don't understand it.

Now get off my lawn MFers.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.