header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Horns vs Bears

(Read 7773 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Horns vs Bears
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »
One butt ugly game

Hope Sam will be ok

Glad for the win

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Horns vs Bears
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »
I was at the game. Lovely day. When it was over, we stood up but couldn’t go anywhere because the crowd was just in gridlock. Old bastard beside me said, “excuse me.” I’m like what?  He says, “if you’re not leaving yet, can you let us through.”  I said, “are you stupid in the head?”

Stupid old people.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 12:49:37 PM »
People lack situational awareness.  It's annoying.

Beating Baylor even in a sloppy game, is a good thing.  I'll take it.

Now's a good time to have a bye week.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
Old bastard beside me said, “excuse me.” I’m like what?  He says, “if you’re not leaving yet, can you let us through.”  I said, “are you stupid in the head?”

Stupid old people.
Y’all some cranky bastages.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
A W is a W.  And a good team gets around the loss of a key player, as Texas did yesterday.  So, nice work Horns.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »
I was at the game. Lovely day. When it was over, we stood up but couldn’t go anywhere because the crowd was just in gridlock. Old bastard beside me said, “excuse me.” I’m like what?  He says, “if you’re not leaving yet, can you let us through.”  I said, “are you stupid in the head?”

Stupid old people.
Ole the day
Be happy the other guy is older than you, it won't be long
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Ole the day
Be happy the other guy is older than you, it won't be long
He didn't say the other guy was older.
I often come across people 10 years my junior that look easily 10 years my senior.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »
right, just an assumption on my part

guy could have been younger that Charlie and still an old bastard
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:40 AM »
Was the game any easier to watch in person? ESPN was showing the "Charlie Brewer's Dad and Commercials" show.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
The games are always better in person because of the way young ladies dress nowadays.

And on the bright side, every time I got thirsty, a sweaty young fellow was walking up the aisleway with a box on his head, selling water and beer.  So I never had to leave my seat until it was over.

Now as to whether or not the old guy beside me was younger or older than me, I don't know.  I am getting rather long in the tooth myself.  But I like to think I still don't possess that ugly, privileged "me first" attitude that a lot of older people develop.

Lots of kids (eg people under 30) possess it too, but you can almost excuse them because they haven't been taught right and maybe they'll outgrow it.

But it's really unsightly in adults who should know better, but you see it a lot.  It's kind of like an air of unreasonable expectations that says to hell with everybody else.  

The guy was in a crowd of 90,000 people and he imagined he shouldn't have to wait in queue with everybody else.

Just crazy.  It's a deterioration of the mind.  A senility.   I don't care whether a person is 9 or 90, if they can play well with others, they're welcome to participate.  If they can't, they need to stay home.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »
Yeah, my pet peeve these days is people who get on airplanes with half their belongings in over sized backpacks and carryons, and they come waddling down the compressed aisles swinging all this gear around, without regard to how many people they’re smacking along the way.  Being on the tall side, I always sit in aisle seats, and I usually sit toward the front, so I get the full brunt of their collective disregard.

Ultimately this is all thanks to deregulating the airlines and letting them pack us into their planes like sardines, so the bigger context is a societal disregard for people.  The inability to show common decency for others works at multiple levels.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »
 Being on the tall side, I always sit in aisle seats, and I usually sit toward the front, so I get the full brunt of their collective disregard.
apparently, you have made your choice of the lesser of two evils

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
I hear ya, Cousin Fred.

I nearly always check my bag so I can be unencumbered on a flight - but I'm like the only one.  Not long ago, I did have to fly out for a little three day trip so I packed a smaller carry-on but my first flight was so late that when I finally got the connecting flight they said there was no overhead storage left so I had to check my little carry-on bag.  Best laid plans of mice and men. 

What galls me if when you're on a short flight and the guy in front of you has to lay his seat back like he's flying to China in first class.  Oftentimes I'll look across the plane and the only person in the entire plane feeling the need to recline his seat is the guy in front of me.

So I spend the flight repeatedly jabbing my knee into the back of his seat.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
Yeah, and then the flip side are those people behind you who feel like the (upright, not leaned) back of your seat is their property.  When they get up to go to the BR, instead of managing to find their own sense of balance in their own space, they pull down on the seat back to pull themselves up, usually both coming and going.  And then they’re often kicking the back of the seat, and putting stuff in and out of the pockets, etc.

And then laterally there are the folks who think they have sole possession of the arm rests, and sometimes even put their elbows into my seat space.  Those don’t stay there long as I make sure to claim it back, but it’s just all needless encroachment when it happens.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.