header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Wisconsin Season Thread

(Read 31379 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Wisconsin Offseason Thread
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »
This was not a well-kept secret, but it's out now.

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »
Glad he is making the best decision for himself. There's no way it was an easy one.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 10:12:04 PM »
hydration team?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »
Yeah, they are part of the nutrition team.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 01:03:18 PM »
I assumed so, but thought it was possibly the Beer guzzling team
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 01:33:39 PM »
wait, so is that 4 or 5 starting Wisconsin OL gone now with Diezten retiring?

Wonder if hot-shot 5* Logan Brown gets some playing time as a true frosh.

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
wait, so is that 4 or 5 starting Wisconsin OL gone now with Diezten retiring?

Wonder if hot-shot 5* Logan Brown gets some playing time as a true frosh.
I think they have a pair of tackles waiting in the wings. So unless he or one of them moves to guard, maybe not that much. 
Then again, I’m fond of saying, it’s what happens between now and Sept that sets these things.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »
Logan Brown did not enroll early. It's highly doubtful that he sees time this year, except for maybe in jumbo packages. Probably not worth burning a 'shirt over though, so 4 games max.

JD was a trooper. Played through a ton of injuries. But, last season, I think Cole Van Lanen played more snaps at LT even though JD was the "starter" at the position. And CVL turned out to be the highest graded lineman on the team. So LT is good. Beach played really well at RT when David Edwards went down. As in, really well. OL is not a concern of mine right now.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 12:38:07 PM »
Logan Brown did not enroll early. It's highly doubtful that he sees time this year, except for maybe in jumbo packages. Probably not worth burning a 'shirt over though, so 4 games max.
generally you want to redshirt every OL recruit. The STARZ system for the most part gets it right- but they whiff on rankings, especially at OL- which generally speaking is a crapshoot- but Brown sure as hell looks ready to rock and roll day one from a physical standpoint. IF he's really that dude, then it makes no sense to redshirt him because he won't be staying 5 years anyway.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »
In a world where recruiting rankings are correct in aggregate, redshirting everyone is also the most reliable way to fight back. It's been a central characteristic for teams like Iowa, MSU and UW who have accomplished big things despite average recruiting rankings.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2019, 11:18:54 PM »
In a world where recruiting rankings are correct in aggregate, redshirting everyone is also the most reliable way to fight back. It's been a central characteristic for teams like Iowa, MSU and UW who have accomplished big things despite average recruiting rankings.
I view this as a condescending post. #AMIRNG??
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2019, 11:40:11 PM »
could possibly be condescending, but I wouldn't take it that way

redshirting everyone was Tom Osborne's MO.  Freshman team and then start seeing the field in mop up time

Juniors and seniors started after thousands of practice reps, game reps, and countless hours in the weight room.  Mature players that executed w/o mistakes win games.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 12:13:59 AM »
I didn't think it was controversial and meant it dispassionately. Also, as a strategy, it's smart and goes hand-in-hand with atypical coaching stability. What's the negative part? The average recruiting rankings? I meant them as matters of fact, without attaching an attitude.

Meanwhile, what's the acronym "AMIRNG?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:19:30 AM by Anonymous Coward »

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 07:29:50 AM »
Maybe redshirting should be a "central characteristic" for Michigan too. AM I wRoNG?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.