header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82648 times)

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #658 on: September 20, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »
us poor yankees call the bed of the pickup truck a box if it has 3 sides and a tailgate

if it's just a flat bed, we call it a flat bed

doesn't really look like a bed, but I have slept in/on one
a flatbed is where the high class girls from Oklahoma have sex.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #659 on: September 20, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »
Today I was reminded of something I hate: poky a-holes.

Poky a-holes sounds like poking a-holes, but that’s a horse of a different and... (drum roll please) we’re not going to get... in... to that, right now.  SWIDT?

Poky a-holes is the ax I want to grind.

In life we go at different speeds.  Sometimes in a motorized vehicle or on foot we have to slow down to accommodate the slower (aka poky) ones.  It’s ok.

And sometimes in life we encounter a-holes.  It can be disheartening or entertaining.  Thing about a-holes though is that they’re honest with their feelings.   It’s ok.

But poky a-holes.   The mix is too strong and too hurtful.  Let me tell you what I mean.

A car pulls out in front of you and slows you down while there’s no room to pass.  They’re poky but they’re not actually a poky a-hole until you see them look right at you in their review mirror and take thir foot off the accelerator to go even slower.

Or you’re coming out a door of a business as someone else is coming in.  You step aside to be a gentleman.  There’s a smile on your face and no malice in your heart.  But the the recipient of your kindness perceptibly slows down.  Now they’re not only large but they seem to have acquired a temporary limp.  Poky a-hole.

You’re driving home through your neighborhood at 25 or 30 miles an hour.  You don’t want to run over anybody.  A couple in their 60s are jaywalking so you ease to a complete stop as they slow their pace and give you the stink eye.   Poky a-holes.

Where do these people come from?  Why are they so hateful and ugly?

Back in the day, back on the Easide, young brothers would occasionally strut slowly across the path of traffic.  But they always had big shit eating grins on their face and a ready laugh when they made you chuckle.  You could tell they meant no harm they were just having fun.

Now it’s folks of all colors.  Milfs in Hondas, elderly people, middle aged folks young couples.

Rude, poky a-holes angry at people just like themselves for just doing the same thing in the same place at the same time.

What has this world come to?
this is why I could never go back and live in Nebraska...  everyone seems to have more time than I have.  And it's not about going 60 in a 55.. at least go 55.  

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #660 on: September 20, 2018, 01:27:07 PM »
another version of pokey-a-hole is the person who pays for their lunch with cash... but not by giving the cashier a $10 bill.  No, we're digging out nickels and pennies to reduce the change in your pocket or purse.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #661 on: September 20, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
And what about the 17 people in America who still write checks.

Get behind one of those dinosaurs at the grocery store and you might as well just drop your groceries and leave.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #662 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »
hey, I still pay with cash and certainly do my best to rid my pockets of nickles, dimes, and pennies

I have a large wine bottle to stash my quarters.  This comes in handy when I need to buy plane tickets for a golf trip to Kiawah Island.

and I do write a couple dozen checks per year, but never in a line with a cashier
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: September 20, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
so... you're the problem

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #664 on: September 20, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »
And what about the 17 people in America who still write checks.

Get behind one of those dinosaurs at the grocery store and you might as well just drop your groceries and leave.
worse is the self checkouts at Walmart, 92% of the folks in Walmart aren't capable of using them.  This 92% includes Walmart employees.
I have dropped my goods and walked out.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #665 on: September 20, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »
so... you're the problem
only if you're behind me

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #666 on: September 20, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »
hey, I still pay with cash and certainly do my best to rid my pockets of nickles, dimes, and pennies

I have a large wine bottle to stash my quarters.  This comes in handy when I need to buy plane tickets for a golf trip to Kiawah Island.

and I do write a couple dozen checks per year, but never in a line with a cashier
May have shared I took a part time job at Home Depot a few years ago to pay off some debt and buy a bunch of used vehicles for the ninos without incurring more debt.
Most people paid with credit but there was always a Mr Clever Change Maker.
Total might be $32.78.  Mr. Clever Change Maker would give you two twenties, three ones and three pennies and act like he had cracked the DiVinci code.
They were always middle aged Midwestern guys who talked like William Macy in ‘Fargo.’
They’d be like, ‘Do yooo see what I did thar?’
I’d nod and say, “That’ll do, pig.”

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: September 20, 2018, 03:34:02 PM »
May have shared I took a part time job at Home Depot a few years ago to pay off some debt and buy a bunch of used vehicles for the ninos without incurring more debt.
Most people paid with credit but there was always a Mr Clever Change Maker.
Total might be $32.78.  Mr. Clever Change Maker would give you two twenties, three ones and three pennies and act like he had cracked the DiVinci code.
They were always middle aged Midwestern guys who talked like William Macy in ‘Fargo.’
They’d be like, ‘Do yooo see what I did thar?’
I’d nod and say, “That’ll do, pig.”

I would have given him a five, five ones, and five nickels.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: September 20, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »
5 nickels don't go in the Quarter bottle!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »
I went up to the local barbecue place (Smokey Mo’s, Junior, the one in Leander across from the boneyard on Bagdad) to get a couple of pounds of chopped beef to slap on hamburger buns and there was an old geezerly dood in line in front of me afflicting everybody in the place with his unprovoked, unsolicited and unappreciated friendliness like inconsiderate old bastards like to do.

When they rang up his order, he asked twice how much it was and started getting real excited practically jumping up and down on one leg.  Then he said what I knew he was going to say - “I believe I have the exact change.”

So dood unloads everything from his pockets.  A key ring holding every key he had ever used in his life, a very fat wallet containing every business card, receipt  and photo anybody had ever given him, a peppermint, a pocketknife, a tire gauge, a spark pluge and $11.78 in quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies.

I know for a fact it was $11.78 because he painstakingly counted it out four times and his order was $12.78.

When he finally pulled out the old debit card he was a whupped pup who probably hated everybody in the place for not saying something like, “Here pop, have a dollar.”

But hell, I only get dollars when I want to tip the green van driver at Fast Park or the egg cooker at Embassy Suites.

This ain’t 1964.  Who the hell carries money?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:56:38 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: September 21, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
I always carry cash

but, I was born in 1962

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: September 21, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
I rarely carry cash.   it's a hastle

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.