header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: “fusker” is not a scrabble word, yet

(Read 9198 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
“fusker” is not a scrabble word, yet
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »
Hi, just breaking into your regularly scheduled summer porch ponderings to make this observation in the subject line.

I was hoping against hope that it would be, as it would have given me triple word points and F+K alone gives you 9 to start with.

But alas the Sooner-Fusker rivalry is in moth balls, Nebraska has floundered in the B1G, and well it’s just been a long time since the ‘71 GOTC ... nearly fifty fuskin’ years ... so the term fusker is still not a dictionary word alas and given how lame big 10 smack is, may not even be in common use anymore where Nebraska rivals are concerned

Sheesh.

Okay, as you were - back to talking about the rise of Texas baseball, the magic of kolaches, why soccer will never be a major US sport, how DOUMED Texas football is, etc

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: “fusker” is not a scrabble word, yet
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
Hey Cuz!

If you were playing scrabble with me, it would be a permissible word.  For sure.

Speaking of futbol, I'm enjoying France-Belgium right now.  With the USMNT out, these were actually my two next-favorite teams, due to time spent living in those countries and friends made there.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:22:19 AM »
commie
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:37 AM »
Hey Cuz

I know what you mean.  I congratulated my French brother-in-law and he was happy but said it was kind of a “family game” (like the Argentina-France game earlier) as his godparents are Belgian so either outcome was okay with him.

France looks darn good right now.  We’ll see who the face in the final soon.  Either Croatia or England would make for a tough match.

Hope your summer’s going well.  Belated congrats for how well the baseball Horns did - pretty dang impressive.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
I don't Europe.  I don't South America.  I don't soccer.  And I don't World Cup.

I could give a rodent's donkey about those things.

But it is so nice to see a post by Cousin Fred.   I saw a pic of you and your son you posted on FB a while back.  He's really growing up.  You're looking good, amigo.  Many sincere blessings to you and yours.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 04:32:58 PM »
boomer
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »
If you are playing through "Words With Friends", feel free to start up a game with me.  I'm "Longhorn Erin" on there.  I'm not as regular with it as I used to be but do play pretty often.  

And Go CROATIA!    I'm definitely tuning in this weekend for both of the WC games, partly by choice and partly not since my husband is a huge soccer dude.    

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:19:22 PM »
If you are playing through "Words With Friends", feel free to start up a game with me.  I'm "Longhorn Erin" on there.  I'm not as regular with it as I used to be but do play pretty often.

I think my wife used to play that but she got mad cuz people would cheat.  Or that's at least what she said.  I'm not sure how it works but I guess there is an honor system.

I wouldn't play against males, put it that way.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »
I played all the time with LittleBigMatt (RIP), he was very active on there. Used to play ElTigreRex, too.   Come to think of it, they both usually beat me in the games, so maybe they were cheating. 

I don't really care too much about winning/losing, it's mostly a brain-game for me in my moments of boredom... I figure that game does me more good than watching dumb youtube videos of people opening Disney packages, or walking around outside looking for Pokemon Go thingys, or whatever other time-killers people choose to do.    Mostly I play against my mom, some cousins, and a few friends.    

Once a friend started a game with a raunchy word and we made it our mission to use as many other raunchy, dirty, or filthy words it would take in that game, with no regards to whether or not the word scored high points, but just to have a collage of dirty words in a single game at completion.    I took a screenshot of it at some point but have changed devices so I'm not sure if I kept it or not.  So, for me it's not always about winning but the fun of it, too. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 02:37:11 PM »
Nebraska fans mob the Lincoln Airport to welcome the team home after Nebraska upsets Texas in 1960.

Image may contain: 1 person, crowd and outdoor
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 12:18:13 AM »
Glad they enjoyed that extremely rare win over the Horns.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »
I'm sure they did

I know I enjoyed the very rare win in my lifetime in 1999

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 09:09:54 AM »
I was in San Antonio.  I saw how you Huskers "celebrated."  Shame on you.

;)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »
I was back on 6th street in Austin - celebrating

had no issues

I was in a dueling pianos bar

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.