header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas made the way-too-early top 20

(Read 9438 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: Texas made the way-too-early top 20
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »

I want to be somewhat critical of Herman mostly because:

a) He doesn't seem fully confident and cock-sure at pressers.
b) I didn't like his titty dance mocking a student athlete.
c) I wish he would just go clean shaven, his facial hair doesn't fill out

But nonetheless, he does impress me on occasion, and I like this move.  I don't really have any football results to bag on Herman yet, because I'll give him a first season free pass.

I'll be honest with you - I didn't like Strong from his introductory presser.  (see (a) above - I like a CEO appearance)  He seemed like a deer caught in headlights, and his circular babbling didn't help matters.  But soon thereafter, Strong gave me football reasons to justify my instinct.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 04:29:47 PM »
You’re kind of a cranky, opinionated  old church lady sometimes.

Sometimes Herman rubs me the wrong way but I hold out hope for him.

I liked A lot about Strong’s approach and demeanor but he never seemed able to attend to every detail all at once.  Something always bit him in the ass.

I thought Brown was his own worst enemy.  He did so many things right, then overthought too many things too.

Mackovic didn’t like defense.  That’s what I had against him.

McWilliams should’ve been perfect but he must’ve done something to piss off the ECFGs.

Akers was Tom Osborne on a shorter leash.

DKR was a genius but in his later years I think he got to the point where he didn’t even like football.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »
You're not going to get a businessman approach from Tom Herman. He interprets everything analytically.

In a press conference, he's going to try and answer the question as best he can. Unfortunately, 90% of questions asked at press conferences are prosaic or non-interrogative. When he gets those, he has a look on his face like he's struggling to to be rude to the questioner, but there's no non-insulting way to answer.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
Good point, Doppel.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.