header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas Bowl

(Read 10612 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: Texas Bowl
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »
I'll be glad when Herman gets this Charlie Strong sheet show cleaned up.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »
Mizzou is going to be hard enough to beat as it is.  Texas shouldn’t do em any favors like this.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »
Mizzou is good?

Never hear anything about the Tiggers

edit: had to look up Mizzou

best win:  over Florida  45-16

worst loss:  Purdue 3-35

4-4 in conference

non-con was crap - 3 gimmes

Mizzouri state put 43 on them
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:32:17 PM by FearlessF »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 11:07:27 PM »
Admittedly I haven’t watched em either, but they’ve won their last six straight.  They must be doing something right.

Btw where are all those old Mizzou posters.  There were some gooduns from Tiggerlanf over the years

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
Should we be going to a bowl game at 6-6?  Or after what we saw this year?  On the other hand, the bowl game is selling well and a crowd of 50k is expected. 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »
Well ya know TF, it’s not like we fans are playing the games.  If a team gets to go to a bowl, they should for the seniors.  Even if they get their butts spanked, at least they had their shot to end on a winning note in a bowl.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 11:13:39 AM »
Admittedly I haven’t watched em either, but they’ve won their last six straight.  They must be doing something right.

Btw where are all those old Mizzou posters.  There were some gooduns from Tiggerlanf over the years
MOOZOO and NWMissouriState (or whatever it was--I always called him NW Mizzou) were two I remember.
And it seems like there was a former military guy--Air Force, maybe?--who was a Mizzou poster.
Play Like a Champion Today

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »
Should we be going to a bowl game at 6-6?  Or after what we saw this year?  On the other hand, the bowl game is selling well and a crowd of 50k is expected.  
The coaches love the extra practice time.  Absolutely love it.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 12:16:58 PM »
I read Texas would be starting a new left tackle that had missed the regular season due to injury.  If he is to be Williams' replacement, the extra practices and the bowl game should help him out a lot for next season.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
And it seems like there was a former military guy--Air Force, maybe?--who was a Mizzou poster.
Former military guys - you gotta watch out for those characters

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »
Yeah I always liked both those guys.  NWMS would have appreciated ETSU’s first Div II natty.  His team was king of those.  They made the bracket again this year but got edged.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »
MOOZOO and NWMissouriState (or whatever it was--I always called him NW Mizzou) were two I remember.
good guys
don't see their rival KSBears the jayhawk fan much either
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 11:58:46 PM »
good guys
don't see their rival KSBears the jayhawk fan much either
Was it KSBears or RockChalk who was the female Jayhawk fan?  Or both, maybe?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.