header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Kansas at Texas

(Read 6016 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Kansas at Texas
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »
Vegas has this game favoring UT by 31

Im not sure Texas will cover but at least they should win
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: Kansas at Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »
I'd like to know what Holton Hill did to get suspended for the remainder of the season. 
Anyone in the Austin area know, by chance?   Probably not, but figure I'd ask anyway, that was aggravating news to hear this week. 

We SHOULD win, but we also should have won last year and gave them their only conference win of the entire season. It would be great to get some redemption for that but I certainly can't call it an automatic win at this point. 

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »
Drugs
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
That would be my guess.  

Here's hoping for a Longhorn win in a big REVENGE game!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
ya know...

y'all could put forth a bit more effort to entertain me on Friday afternoons
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »
Drugs
Bonghorns.  
Texas inhales (aka sucks)!!

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
A win is a win.  Hopefully we can do the same against WV.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »
I met Holton Hill once.   It was at Raising Caines on the Drag (well, MLK at the T) about the first or second month he was in school as an incoming freshman.  I said, "You're Holton Hill?"  He said, "Yeah."  I said, "Good luck at Texas."  He said, "mkay."

He had sleepy eyes and large appetite but what I really noticed about him was how affluent he looked.  I have kids, my wife buys them clothes, I know how ridiculously much they cost.  I spend a fortune and my kids aren't even on the high end of fashion.  Holton was snazzy.  $100 jeans, $60 shirt, $200 jacket, $300 shoes.  He looked good.  And he had one of those self balancing hover board scooter chingaderas that were so popular (but expensive) that year.

I thought to myself, wouldn't it be ridiculous if our blue chip DB injured himself on that dern thing.  But you know how kids are.  He handled it like it was an extension of himself, zipping hither and yon like Marty McFly.

So that's my $9.95 inside scoop on Holton Hill.

Despite the sleepy eyes and large appetite, I bet Herman told him to stop risking his neck on foolish youthful recreations and he did it any way.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
Was that a dismal win or what?  But at least it was a win. 5-5. 6-4 if not for the upset at the hands of Maryland but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.   Other losses to #s 3, 10, 11 and 12 are more forgivable.  As dysfunctional as our offense is, I'm surprised we have 5 wins.

And they finally did it.  They opened a game with a play action downfield throw on 1st down.   It's what I've been saying they've been needing to do all year long.

Why did they waste it on Kansas?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:58 AM »
Where's Brown County?

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
We suck.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 02:13:40 PM »
we might as well just not use an off line

just play with the center, two ends and the backs

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
I just don't understand giving up 27 points to Kansas - with what I thought was the best defense in the conference, and given we had 3 picks.

Before this game, I would have given us even odds to beat WVU based on our defense.  Well stuff that.  We are going to get drilled like a mountain momma step-sister.

Mack was never in over his head.  Charlie and now Herman both proved not to be Texas ready.  Charlie should be running a bakery and Herman needed about 10 more years of growing up and coaching elsewhere.

Just bleh.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.