header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas Tech vs Texas

(Read 9762 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Texas Tech vs Texas
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
Scoreboard is scoreboard.  Suck it!

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
And it's not a 3-pt loss, it's the two losses in a row, with a 3rd likely coming up.

The loss to WVU was expected, at least by me.  They're simply a better football team.  But the loss to oSu was a bad one.  That's a bad loss to a bad football team.  Sooners are going to RUTS them today, although the Sooner defense is bad enough that the Pokes will score plenty.  Still wont be nearly enough.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »
TSure scoreboard stopped all your anti OU smack for most of this century.  Not.  Lol

On Bedlam, Yeah it’s usually a whoever has the ball last kind of deal, which is exciting to watch but doesn’t speak well about Big XII defense.  Oh well.  

I’m giving y’all a hard time because, well, we’re rivals, but I’d love nothing more than to see both our teams make the CCG.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 10:55:55 AM »
I dont agree with utee on the TTU game

I expect to win it 

we aint dead yet

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
Texas Tech is like a dust devil.  They get generated by the air and look pretty fearsome from a distance but when you drive into that mess you realize there’s not a lot of substance there.  So just keep on driving and get through to the other side and you’ll have a W.

(Not that anyone here will be down on the field but I’m just pretending like you are )

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
I thought Texas had a chance to win until I saw this thread. Now I know we’re doomed.

Everytime some yahoo starts a Texas game thread in this forum before a Texas game, Texas loses.  For six straight weeks, Texas fans on this board were cognizant of that fact and resisted the temptation.

Now you guys are screwing Texas every week like you just don’t care.  If you keep it up, we’ll be lucky to finish 6-7.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 11:37:53 AM »
But come on primo you have to appreciate my dust devil metaphor.  I was pretty proud of that little “brainstorm.” Has no effect on the ecfgs as I’m not a fan.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
I do. I do love the dust devil metaphor, Cousin Fred.  It is so apt.

I immediately remembered an old red vacuum cleaner my i s c& a w and I once had.   

It was red.

It sucked.

And it wasn’t even very good at sucking which made it even worse.

Now I think we have a silver shark instead of a red devil.  Seems to work better.  Or maybe my spirit is just broken now that I’m in my 50s and I’ve resigned myself to emptying canisters and cleaning filters.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
I thought Texas had a chance to win until I saw this thread. Now I know we’re doomed.

Everytime some yahoo starts a Texas game thread in this forum before a Texas game, Texas loses.  For six straight weeks, Texas fans on this board were cognizant of that fact and resisted the temptation.

Now you guys are screwing Texas every week like you just don’t care.  If you keep it up, we’ll be lucky to finish 6-7.
well damn maybe we should just close this place down so we can win the NC
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »
I second that emotion.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »
I suppose i could delete this thread...

Missed all the morning games, my son had his end-of-season flag football tournament.  Lost the first game, won the second, so ended up 3rd in their league. They got a 3rd place medal and he was happy.  I enjoy watching him grow and learn the game.  Been a good day so far.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »
Shocking news: my dear wife is sitting here cheering for UT, vs Tech.  I didn’t see this coming ...

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2018, 12:22:47 AM »
Shocking news: my dear wife is sitting here cheering for UT, vs Tech.  I didn’t see this coming ...
Apparently you married a good one.  You have much to learn from her!

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2018, 12:48:35 AM »
Apparently you married a good one.  You have much to learn from her!
No doubt - I can’t argue with that
Congrats to your Horns for the win.  Great ending TD!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.