header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82696 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
You Know What I Hate....?
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »
I hate it when forms ask you to write your email twice.

Okay I can understand how people in 1983 may have struggled with all the @ signs and .coms but we get it now.  We can write it right the first time just like our address, phone number and credit card number.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
Speaking of credit cards, do you know what I hate?

How the stupid little CCV security code disappears after you've swiped your card a dozen times.

So while you can still see the faint etching you write it on the back with a sharpie.  A week later that's wiped off too.   

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »
You know what I really hate?

People in Subway with lists.

You're like the next person in line but this dweeb is buying like 40 sandwiches.  And about the fifth time he tells the poor little 16 year old girl behind the counter, "No, I mean the other one..." you realize his coworkers sent him to Subway just to get his tediously persnickety ass out of the office.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »
as silly as it sounds, robots find it difficult to post emails twice.. crazy, huh? 

I've likely had a dozen forums going at one time or another over the years.... the one thing consistent from the very beginning until now is spammers- they are relentless.  it's a game we gotta play to make things just difficult enough to trip them up from auto-registering into a forum and just jail-break blitzing with pages and pages of spam...

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »
Valid and compelling points.  I'll keep my animosity towards repeat email addresses to myself.

Speaking of spammers.  I hate the way words get commandeered.  Spam it used to be this half salt/half rubber pork like material in a can that former Polynesian cannibals claimed tasted just like human flesh.  It cost like a dollar a can, sliced thin into 16 slices on toast for five rowdy kids on Sunday night.

Now it's true original meaning has been lost.

Why couldn't we make up a new word for unwanted online advertising?  Like borspitzvah.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »
whats wrong with robots

hater

if we can put up with all the folks HH throws at us we can put up with robots

they might have something interesting to say
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Texas95

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »
Aloha bastages. 

I promise I will behave on this shiny new forum.  I'm turning over a new leaf.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »
What if we like your new leaf even less than our old leaf?    I'm reminded of a song:

Don't go changing to try and please me

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I don't want clever conversation

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Something something just the way you are

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »
You know what I hate?   Lane moochers.

Okay so you live in a city and you know how cities are.  You know the highway you're on backs up in the lane that exits off onto another highway.  So you plan accordingly and you get over early.   You and two dozen intelligent people get over a queue up.

Lane Moocher doesn't.

He whizzes past everybody who knows where they're going and which lane to be in, and then he cuts in front of them.  Every damn one of them.

I hate lane moocher.  He's a selfish inconsiderate bastard.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »
Picture this.  You know where you're going and you can't get there because you're stuck behind a crowd of people who really don't know where they're going.  They're just ambling.  Like cows.

I hate people who don't know where they're going.  They hold up the rest of us.

But that's just the way life is.  The competent, the knowledgeable, the purposeful are always hindered by the incompetent, ignorant and aimless.

Any line, anywhere, at airports, convenience stores, grocery stores, DMV, etc. are held hostage by one omnipresent idiot who doesn't understand.

What?  Only 15 items?   

What?  I have to take off both shoes?

What?  You don't take travelers checks? 

What?  I need some form of ID to get a driver's license?  But a driver's license is a form of ID.  I don't get it.

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
What are people reading when they're in the grocery store?

No matter how many people are there, the one item I need is always underneath someone who's staring at an item, holding it up and reading it. They're usually inspecting it intensely. What are they looking for?

Didja need canned beans for whatever you're making? Well, you've found them. Either buy them or put them back. One or the other, but please move so I can get on with it.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »
For one brief, shining post-Blockbuster/pre-streaming 3 to 5 year moment, I rented movies at Redbox.

I'd look it up online, preorder the movie I wanted, go to pick up and.... get in line behind this same fat woman at the kiosk reading a description of every damn movie in the box to somebody on her cell phone.   Happened at least two times, if not six.

I hated that woman.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 12:39:41 AM »
For one brief, shining post-Blockbuster/pre-streaming 3 to 5 year moment, I rented movies at Redbox.

I'd look it up online, preorder the movie I wanted, go to pick up and.... get in line behind this same fat woman at the kiosk reading a description of every damn movie in the box to somebody on her cell phone.   Happened at least two times, if not six.

I hated that woman.

And what's with the people bring all their relatives to HEB with them including incontinent grandma, leering lecherous grandpa and that cousin on the sliding just ain't quite right scale somewhere between harmless Down syndrome kid and leg humping assberger kid.

Not that there's anything especially wrong with that.  I mean, God bless them.

But could they please just move the circus past the avacadoes?

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »
Still use Redbox all the time for whatever the latest kids' movie is.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.