header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 Sports Commentary

(Read 19007 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 Sports Commentary
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »
hey, I only need another million and I'd be able to quit the job and move in next to Utee
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »
I remember Vine Street Bomber.  He looked surly but he was nice.

AND... he was an older anglo-American in a jersey.  

You just don't see that every day in the ATX.   You see a whole lot of things but you don't see that too often.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »
Of course Junior probably isn't getting any younger so it's probably just a matter of time before we all begin seeing an older anglo-American in a hockey jersey.

As for me, I stopped wearing jerseys about the time I stopped wearing cut offs.   It was probably sometime around 1979.

I'd wear a #21 Houston Astros Jose Cruz rainbow jersey if I could get hold of one though.   Everybody in H-town wears jerseys to the games.

Well everybody except those stock broker lawyer former frat boy types who think they look snazzy watching a MLB game in a $600 suit.

Lot of them weirdos in H-town.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But you don't see older anglo-American men wearing football jerseys in the ATX everyday.  Nope.

I see an awful lot of young moms in yoga pants though.  Ain't nothin wrong with that.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
as Catski always said, no crew wears more gear than Husker fans
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »
I found my old rainbow Astros jersey a few years ago in a box in the basement

unfortunately, the moisture had ruined it.  Had to be tossed out

I would wear that just to wake baseball fans up

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »
I'm no golderned yankee, but I  believe they call them hockey sweaters.  I only bust mine out on very rare, very special occasions.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 10:07:38 AM »
Made it out to DF. Glad I did. Beautiful night. Strong pitching performance.  I might woulda let Nolan finish it off but I guess Pierce wanted to see Beau and get his feet wet too.
The crowd was sparce and LaLa represented - especially right above the visitors dug out where I was.  I sat next to a crusty old varmit from Louisiana.  
Poke-E-Joes was in mid season form.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »
most coaches don't want their arms throwing more than 75-80 pitches this early in the season

not sure it's warranted, but they probably know more than I

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
I’m still used to Coach Gus who’d let an ace throw 300 times in a weekend.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »
yup, kids arms are the same today

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:00 AM »
I really like what I'm seeing from the Horns this year.  Lots of pop, lots of pitchers, D looks solid.

It was funny at the bottom of the 5th last night when they interviewed David Pierce on the LHN.  With his dark framed glasses and cold red nose he reminded me of Zoot, the saxophonist for Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. 

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 03:38:39 PM »
I really like what I'm seeing from the Horns this year.  Lots of pop, lots of pitchers, D looks solid.
It doesn't feel like a stagnant situation, you can sense Pierce is doing work.  Brought in lots of Jucos, experimenting with his batting order, lots of young pitching...
I like it.  I hope one of the LSU games this weekend is on the tele.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »
Last night LHN talked like they would be on SEC Network.  Did they arbitrarily generalize a more complex scenario?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
The Texas baseball team ran into a Baton Rouge buzz saw and the men's basketball team got poet payback against oSu.   Despite the weekend, I'm still thinking the former is a Super Regional contender and the latter is an NIT team.

Do they still do the NIT?  Is that a thing?  It ain't even worth googling to me.

I liked Penders' and Barnes' early over achieving under rated teams better than their more highly talented underperforming ones.   Not only did the one and dones undermine Barnes but Penders' highest ranked recruiting class was the one that rebelled against him.

Luke Axtell = tail that wagged the dog.  Course Dodds allowed him to.  If he could fire Coach Gus no one was safe.   Dodds was real lucky Garrido, Barnes and Brown were all good hires because Akers, Gus and Penders were all bad firings.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.