header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT, things that really matter

(Read 5860 times)

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: OT, things that really matter
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
that sucks. condolences @Brutus Buckeye and @Honestbuckeye

maybe i can bring a little cheer back. my son was in hospital last week with kawasaki disease. i'd never heard of it, but it can be quite serious if it goes untreated for to long. it effects the heart/coronary artery and can cause aneurysms. once diagnosed, it is relatively quick and easy to treat and i'm happy to say he's responding really well to the treatment. can't say how thankful i am for the dr catching on to it quickly. just read about another little boy not far from here and his dr's didn't catch on in time and he had to have a heart transplant. last week sucked, but it's so nice having him back home before christmas.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »
Sorry for your losses @Brutus Buckeye and @Honestbuckeye 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 10:27:22 AM »
I'm trying to learn how to "enjoy the moment".  So often, I find myself somewhere really nice and all I can think to do is take photos (often never viewed again).  

It sounds absurd, but it's not easy, for me.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »
I put my photos slide show on my computer screen saver 

then I see them randomly and remember back
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »
I recall being in Hawaii at the Volcano NP and a bus load of Asians pulled up.  They all got off and took photos of everything, the bus, t he curb, everything, and they weren't to the actual tourist site yet (the tubes).  I don't mean to be critical of them, but it made me think about taking so many photos versus just taking it all in.  

I used to be better at this, but now I find if I let my mind go idle, I start rethinking too many things.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »
Hey Wang it's a parking lot!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.