header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 83080 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #406 on: March 30, 2018, 07:57:02 PM »
speaking back to the subject of WF&A, I'm watching something unfold right now that is going to solve a few problems for me---- the thing about thieves is they get cocky, and that makes them sloppy, and sloppy get's them busted... and busted in this situation means a seismic shift in a certain rank structure, and those involved may have extended vacations at the taxpayer's expense at the end...... and i'm just the dude to initiate it.  and the icing?  these guys need to go- have been in great need for a long time- but for one key mistake nobody (outside their circle) would know... 

so... there was this gov't program, and a version of it still exists.  we're talking a program over $100M a year... inside of it are projects... there are usually several going on at the same time.  as was the case with one particular one... this particular one morphed into another, but using lessons learned from it's prior iteration, the way it's operated was drastically altered.  a key piece of equipment was required in it's prior iteration, and one that cost around half a mil to purchase.  these things last a few years, and they could last a lot longer except for the fact their computer monitored on a network, and those requirements change... and at some point the hardware can no longer support the software required to run it- so, the hardware is replaced... again, at a cost of around half a mil.... the hardware was 'scheduled' to be replaced last year- but the project morphed no longer needing this purchase.  except for the fact it was already budgeted.  and y'all guessed it.... these folks i hold in such low esteem are pushing the purchase through- and only the shadow knows where that money is going. (i happen to know, actually, and how) 

i was told about it off the cuff, and by a person who has no understanding of what's going on.  they just mentioned it in passing...... and..... all i've gotta do is let them get a little deeper into this and obligate themselves past the point of return- and drop the hammer with a single phone call.  

I hate thieves.  i hate liars.  i hate people who do things at the expense of others with arrogant impunity, and i'm positive this isn't the first time this kinda thing has been done- it's just the first time i can prove it beyond doubt.   good times in the coming weeks/months!!! I DON'T hate that.    oh- and it will likely cost me my job to break this...... but... it's likely time anyway. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: March 30, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
you can always find another job

enjoy yourself, but stay safe
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »
It can be really tough to do the right thing.  Good luck, drew!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
I watch movies sometimes and I see the protagonist tempted to do terrible things for money or favors and I think, "Don't do it.  I wouldn't do it.  Come on.  Where's your conscience?  Where's your dignity?  Where's your self control?"

I see coaches leave the programs that believed in them and made them and I think, "Don't do it.  I wouldn't do it.  Come on.  Where's your conscience?  Where's your dignity?  Where's your self control?"

Then I'll stand on the scale, see I'm a few pounds overweight and I need to eat salads for a few days.   And somebody will offer me a cookie.   And I'm like, "Okay."

I'm thinking moral decisions may be one of those arm chair quarterback kinds of things.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »
I hate rooting against Kevin Durant, because he's such an awesome human being with amazing talent, but I've been a Rockets fan much longer than a Durant fan. 
Hoping the Rockets win tonight, and the series in general.  Durant had a great game the other day, and hate that he isn't playing on my home-team, but Rockets need to get past these Warriors! 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
I was brought up on sneaky television networks that new how to dole out television series episodes one week at a time for 30 weeks and then show reruns during the summer when I was on vacation or playing outside until 10:00 at night.  Then around the time I was knuckling down for school, the new season would premiere and I could resume all my old favorites or find new favorites.

Nowadays with Netflix, they give you 12 episodes of show and two days later you have this pang of emotional separation when you've watched them all and there are no more to be watched.  So you wait and you wait.  You watch Norwegian vampire movies and Korean zombie movies and try to watch 30 year old Mel Gibson movies.  Your nights of television watching feel dull and listless.  You imagine taking up exciting new hobbies.  You play words with friends and trivial crack.  Finally, after a year that seems like it's been a decade, there's a murmur around the office.  Netflx is bringing out a new season of Stranger Things, Ozarks, or whatever.  You scoff.  You are so over that show.  It captured your imagination, piqued your interest and hung you out to dry.  You won't watch it.  No way.  You're not falling for that again.  And then one night you turn off the French gangster movie about an evil car because you can't understand what the midget has to do with the plot and boom.  You're right back in it.  Watching another season of Narco or whatever.   A day later it's like you've just been dumped after having an amazing fling.  You wonder if Jason Bateman or Winona Ryder or whoever will ever find the whatnot before they're killed by the whozit.  And then you have to wait, and wait.  You curse Netflix.  You contemplate alcoholism.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
contemplation over
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
I hate rooting against Kevin Durant, because he's such an awesome human being with amazing talent, but I've been a Rockets fan much longer than a Durant fan.
Hoping the Rockets win tonight, and the series in general.  Durant had a great game the other day, and hate that he isn't playing on my home-team, but Rockets need to get past these Warriors!

I don't worry much about Longhorns once they've moved on to the pros.  I certainly don't wish them ill, but if they're playing against my favorite pro team, then I'm not unhappy to see them lose.
I realize you might be talking about KD in a general sense rather than as a Longhorn, that was just my initial thought.
Also, I really don't give a rat's arse about the NBA, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
I hate stupidity and ignorance.  Not necessarily in any particular area, just in general.  

There are a lot of things I am ignorant of, and if you're around me long enough you'd eventually swear I must be stupid.  So you might think I'm extremely self-loathing.  But I'm not.

I hate YOUR ignorance and stupidity.  Mine's okay.  

I don't hate inconsistency.

Unless it's yours.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2018, 12:36:07 PM »
Yeah, I hate people.

OTHER people.

Not MY people.

Usually.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
I interrupt this thread for a public service announcement.
Veterans Day falls on November 11th and is a day set aside for honoring US veterans.  Independence Day is July 4th and it is a day set aside for celebrating America.  You can certainly celebrate Veterans and America this weekend. You can grill in your backyard and can get deep discounts on trucks or kitchen appliances this weekend.  Since we are blessed to live in a free country, you can even celebrate whatever the hell you want to celebrate.
But take a minute to remember those who died serving our country.  The MIA.  The KIA.  The 34,000 who died in the Normandy Invasion.  Those who died in the Tet Offensive or the Battle of The Bulge.  Those who died in Okinawa, Pearl Harbor, in POW camps.  Four died in Yemen just last year.
Honor the fallen, may God bless their memory, never forget.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »
I don't hate that

thank you

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »
Yup.  About the fallen.  God bless them and their families.  

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
speaking back to the subject of WF&A, I'm watching something unfold right now that is going to solve a few problems for me---- the thing about thieves is they get cocky, and that makes them sloppy, and sloppy get's them busted... and busted in this situation means a seismic shift in a certain rank structure, and those involved may have extended vacations at the taxpayer's expense at the end...... and i'm just the dude to initiate it.  and the icing?  these guys need to go- have been in great need for a long time- but for one key mistake nobody (outside their circle) would know...

so... there was this gov't program, and a version of it still exists.  we're talking a program over $100M a year... inside of it are projects... there are usually several going on at the same time.  as was the case with one particular one... this particular one morphed into another, but using lessons learned from it's prior iteration, the way it's operated was drastically altered.  a key piece of equipment was required in it's prior iteration, and one that cost around half a mil to purchase.  these things last a few years, and they could last a lot longer except for the fact their computer monitored on a network, and those requirements change... and at some point the hardware can no longer support the software required to run it- so, the hardware is replaced... again, at a cost of around half a mil.... the hardware was 'scheduled' to be replaced last year- but the project morphed no longer needing this purchase.  except for the fact it was already budgeted.  and y'all guessed it.... these folks i hold in such low esteem are pushing the purchase through- and only the shadow knows where that money is going. (i happen to know, actually, and how)

i was told about it off the cuff, and by a person who has no understanding of what's going on.  they just mentioned it in passing...... and..... all i've gotta do is let them get a little deeper into this and obligate themselves past the point of return- and drop the hammer with a single phone call.  

I hate thieves.  i hate liars.  i hate people who do things at the expense of others with arrogant impunity, and i'm positive this isn't the first time this kinda thing has been done- it's just the first time i can prove it beyond doubt.   good times in the coming weeks/months!!! I DON'T hate that.    oh- and it will likely cost me my job to break this...... but... it's likely time anyway.
dropped the maul on this last week.... thought it fell on deaf ears, until a phone call after business hours and late Friday.   game on, I reckon... I'll let y'all know if i hate it later... I hope i don't hate it.  the good guys are supposed to win, right? uh..... yeah.  i've said that to myself many times over the years just to be proven otherwise.  I hate that. 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.